Flourocarbon on Spinning reel

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Junk Fisherman
Angler
Angler

Re: Flourocarbon on Spinning reel

Post by Junk Fisherman » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:24 pm

I know many people love Tatsu, which is why I tried it, but I was not that impressed with the 8 lb that I put on a spinning reel this year. It wasn't terrible but it definitely had more memory than I prefer. And for its price, I will definitely not be buying more of it. My standard straight fluoro over the last few years has been 7 lb Gamma Touch. That is spectacular line. Limp, manageable, and strong. I have only used the line for finesse swimbaits so I cannot really speak for its abrasion-resistance. But the line never let me down and I caught several big stray fish (carp, salmon, and catfish) that put the line to the test. Before switching primarily to a braid/leader, I used to use straight P-Line fluoro in 8 lbs. While I had some bad experiences with P-Line Tactical, the original P-Line Fluoro was a solid performer for me. So I would go with either 7 or 8 lb Gamma Touch. I use 7 lb but that is because I am using a primarily straight-line, low impact retrieve. I would go to 8 lb if I was throwing bottom bouncing lures like shakey head, tubes, Neds, ect. Good luck.