Line recommendation- Conquest 782c and Aldebaran HG

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Line recommendation- Conquest 782c and Aldebaran HG

Post by scrapiron » Thu May 26, 2022 11:37 am

As the title suggests, looking for line suggestions. Would be doing top water and some plastics with it.

Currently has Sniper 10# and its actually pretty good match. However, about 30-40% of the time will be using this combo inshore (speckled trout). Was thinking braid, maybe 10# PowerPro SuperSlick. Sufix 832 is my go-to braid, however I've got half a spool of the PP. :)

What about a hybrid line- Yozuri?

If anyone is wondering, what a sweet combo this is. So easy to cast and great distance. Talk about light as well! The Aldebaran is a perfect match (I thought about an SV105, but didn't want to upset the fishing balance of the universe).

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Line recommendation- Conquest 782c and Aldebaran HG

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu May 26, 2022 12:28 pm

scrapiron wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:37 am
As the title suggests, looking for line suggestions. Would be doing top water and some plastics with it.

Currently has Sniper 10# and its actually pretty good match. However, about 30-40% of the time will be using this combo inshore (speckled trout). Was thinking braid, maybe 10# PowerPro SuperSlick. Sufix 832 is my go-to braid, however I've got half a spool of the PP. :)

What about a hybrid line- Yozuri?

If anyone is wondering, what a sweet combo this is. So easy to cast and great distance. Talk about light as well! The Aldebaran is a perfect match (I thought about an SV105, but didn't want to upset the fishing balance of the universe).
The first thing I thought of was Yozuri Soft, though it's getting more difficult to find.