Applaud mono lines

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Applaud mono lines

Post by KP Duty » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:28 am

Anyone tried any of the Applaud mono lines (gt-r/z06). Apparently the companies founder likes corvettes, because I read the description for the z06 mono, and it said 'named after the founder's favorite supercar...the corvette z06'.

Mudhole basser
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Applaud mono lines

Post by Mudhole basser » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:29 am

Jim Murata is the guy that is behind the Sanyo monofilament line. I bought a spool from The Hook Up Tackle and just recently tried it out on my 20 Metanium. I got the 12lb test. It is very smooth and seems to have very low memory. It is precision wound on the spool. The green color is almost like a opaque gray also. I'm not too sure if I like that color because it seemed to be visible in the pond that I fish.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:43 pm

I’ve been using Applaud lines off and on for almost 20 years. I’m using it again because Sunline has left a to be desired lately. I’m using the 16lb for crankbaits.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:24 pm

Where can still stuff be had?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:56 pm

I use Applaud GT-R 20lb for big top water lures, and love it.
Really strong line.