Replacements

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Replacements

Post by Bronzeye » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:24 am

DarkShadow wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:50 am
I looked at the end of my line and it looks like it had been cut clean with a pair of scissors. No pig tail at the end, no knot failure.
Happens all the time in waters containing muskies, pike, or pickerel, but you probably don't have them in CA. A big turtle with sharp-edged jaws, perhaps?

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:00 am

Bronzeye wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:24 am
Happens all the time in waters containing muskies, pike, or pickerel, but you probably don't have them in CA. A big turtle with sharp-edged jaws, perhaps?
That's what I'm thinking happened. I know the area I was casting to is an artificial island that has palmettos and perhaps I may have cast so tight to the edge that I may have gotten a gnarly nick in my line.

Regardless, it's the strangest thing that's ever happened on a half effort hook set.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:25 pm

DarkShadow wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:19 am

Mike son wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:40 pm
Not sure what the "Metan" line is, I don't see it on the packaging anywhere, but I've been using the 8lb Shooter Invisible for a year or so. I picked up a couple spools cheap a long time ago and never really used it until recently. I am seriously impressed with the abrasion resistance and it is surprisingly hard to see the line above or under the water imo. I mostly fish rivers for smallmouth and 8lb sniper can get chewed up over the course of a day. The Shooter Invis was a large step up in abrasion resistance. Shocking to me really. I only have one 75m spool left so I recently picked up 8lb Shooter to try and hopefully it's comparable to the Shooter Invis in regard to abrasion resistance, it should be.

But, personally, the Shooter Invisible and Shooter are two different lines. The Shooter Invisible doesn't seem as stiff as the new Shooter, and seemed silkier? or slicker? than the regular Shooter. It almost seemed a tad thinner too, but that may have just been my imagination.
I wanted to follow up with this. I've been using Shooter for about 2months now, several outings. I agree with you 100%. Definitely not the same formula in the line as Shooter Invisible. Sunline really needs to start remaking the Shooter Invisible, it's the best line I've used for my purposes.