Tatsu vs FC Sniper.

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tatsu vs FC Sniper.

Post by Just_Bass » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:51 pm

I’m not a FC guy and only have a few reels with FC. I normally use 10lb Red label for most everything and Abazx 12 and 15lb for jobs that need abrasion resistance like Jig. Recently I got a reel spooled with Tatsu. I use the reel for weightless stuffs and kind of like it. Pretty sensitive and very manageable, better than 10lb Copolymer that I normally use.
Now I need to replace the damaged Tatsu instead I ordered Sunline FC sniper in 12lb. Never use the line before, what should I be expected? Can this line replace both duties of Red label and Abrazx and I’ll be as happy as Tatsu?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatsu vs FC Sniper.

Post by toddmc » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:49 am

This topic has been covered a lot in the past. You can use the search window. Sniper will be a little less manageable than Tatsu, but a little more sensitive. The softer layer on Tatsu makes for good knot performance, but less sensitivity because you have a softer material touching your guides. I'm not a fan of the other Seaguar lines that you mention. They are among the worst that I have tried over the decades.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:41 am

Sniper is more on par with AbrazX
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:24 am

Just_Bass wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:51 pm
I’m not a FC guy and only have a few reels with FC. I normally use 10lb Red label for most everything and Abazx 12 and 15lb for jobs that need abrasion resistance like Jig. Recently I got a reel spooled with Tatsu. I use the reel for weightless stuffs and kind of like it. Pretty sensitive and very manageable, better than 10lb Copolymer that I normally use.
Now I need to replace the damaged Tatsu instead I ordered Sunline FC sniper in 12lb. Never use the line before, what should I be expected? Can this line replace both duties of Red label and Abrazx and I’ll be as happy as Tatsu?
I use 12lb sniper a lot. I don't like it on fast spool centrifugal reels but it's great on my SV spool reels. That extra control seems to help greatly with line management. I don't use Tatsu. When I can't get 12lb Sniper I will get Suffix Advanced Flourocarbon. I buy all my line and terminal tackle locally. Probably because I get caught off guard and need line or hooks as I need them. For a locally available quality flouro 12lb Sniper has been great.

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:50 am

LowRange wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:24 am
Just_Bass wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:51 pm
I use 12lb sniper a lot. I don't like it on fast spool centrifugal reels but it's great on my SV spool reels. That extra control seems to help greatly with line management. I don't use Tatsu. When I can't get 12lb Sniper I will get Suffix Advanced Flourocarbon. I buy all my line and terminal tackle locally. Probably because I get caught off guard and need line or hooks as I need them. For a locally available quality flouro 12lb Sniper has been great.
This is good to hear. I'm planning on switching to 12# Sniper for my jerkbait and shallow to mid depth cranking this spring. Been doing the braid to leader thing for everything for a while now and I think its time to give straight fluoro a try for moving baits.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:03 pm

12# Sniper FC is some good stuff. I've decided to go back to Trilene 100%; so I bought a few 2000 yard spools of different test.