Varivas Super Trout Advance Double Cross 8 PE braid

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Varivas Super Trout Advance Double Cross 8 PE braid

Post by Mike son » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:23 pm

Anyone using it? Thoughts? Not much mention of it on here or elsewhere for that matter. Cal previewed it but I haven't seen a follow up on it. I want to try out a sinking braid for bass fishing in #0.8 and it's between this and Sunline Almight. Leaning towards the Varivas as from everything I've read, their lines are good quality. I like the idea of 8 strand vs the 4 of the Almight in sinking braid.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Varivas Super Trout Advance Double Cross 8 PE braid

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:34 am

It's pretty good stuff. The color will fade a little of course but, the line is durable for a braided line.

The sinking nature helps with line drift in current, which can affect sensitivity and hook setting.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:30 am

Which Varivas PE line for trout fishing comes in 6lb sizes?
One of the Megabass Pro Stuff mentioned he uses the line specifically for his trout BFS setup.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm

There are some specialty PE lines, mostly in the Area series, that come in lower diameters around 6lb breaking strength. Spinning gear definitely leverages the properties of those lines more than BFS gear.

The Super Trout Advance Baitfinesse X4 PE in 0.6goh has been a great all-around line for me. I use it a ton for trout fishing as well has panfish and lighter bass fishing. Casts great on BFS gear and cuts through vegetation really good for such a thin line.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:58 am

Cracker wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:30 am
Which Varivas PE line for trout fishing comes in 6lb sizes?
One of the Megabass Pro Stuff mentioned he uses the line specifically for his trout BFS setup.
i just got some Super Trout Advance S-spec #.8 (16.7lb) and its very thin, i dont know the exact diameter but its less than or comparable to as lot of 6lb test USDM lines. One thing to remember about JDM lines is that they use the actual breaking strength and not a very understated rating, ie 6lb USDM line might break around 20lbs, where this line has 2 listings, average (14.7) and maximum (16.7). s-spec also comes in a #.6 (14.5lb).

im excited to try it out, as after defier d-braid, this is my first foray into JDM lines, they look to have some awesome stuff!

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:22 pm

Have had this line spooled up about a month now in 0.8. No complaints at all and does what it should. Helps minimize the bow in the line from wind too. Definitely really thin. Coming from years of 832 and PP SS V2, I was shocked that this is what 0.153mm is supposed to be.