LC Pointers

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
phiten
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: LC Pointers

Post by phiten » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 pm

back at home where fishing pressure is so big, the peacocks prefers 65 to any other sizes. realised sometimes when the area is over fished, the fish goes for flies then to smaller lures. The big lures may lose out in these circumstances. Fish typically would eat if they think they have a chance of winning even though it may be a big lure.

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:34 pm

The Slender 112 is by far my favorite LC jerkbait for smallies. Water usually has some color in the spring when a jerkbait works best and the 112 is a big loud bait with three hook, it's perfect.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Wow, no love for the Pointer 128. Swing big or go home I say plus it keeps those 1-2lbers away though when talking about smallies that rule doesn't apply. The pointer 95 is the smallest I go only because I believe a silent bait is a must in some situations.

Munkin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Munkin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Spring = 78 seems to work best but fall the 100sp and the Slender pointer 97mr (my favorite) are my go-to baits. Now like someone else mentioned if they are feeding on a specific size bait you need to adjust size. I have a 65sp in baitfish silver that has caught 100's of fish in all sizes.

Allen

MDisbrow
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MDisbrow » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Phippy wrote:Wow, no love for the Pointer 128. Swing big or go home I say plus it keeps those 1-2lbers away though when talking about smallies that rule doesn't apply. The pointer 95 is the smallest I go only because I believe a silent bait is a must in some situations.
I was surprised you're the first to mention the 128. That was my go to jerkbait on Erie. I was tipped off to it several years ago fishing with a friend. He was throwing the 128 while we're sitting in 30ft on a clear, calm day. I could watch the fish fly up from the bottom to eat that thing. And from my experience, the 128 keep little fish away either. The 97 was the smallest I ever used, though the 128 was almost always my starting point.

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:37 am

the 110 is my go to for jerkbait fishing and smallies have no trouble choking on that big bait. if that isn't producing i will throw a lc 78. i do well w/ the staysee as the spawn ends and the smallies go deeper and begin to suspend as they move towards their deep summer homes (10-18 ft.) after they've spawned and don't want to run far after a bait since they're recuperatin from their spring lovin

phillyblunt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by phillyblunt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 am

I use the slender 112 for smallies and never felt it was too big. There are of course situations that require a down size, but in general, 112 is my go-to.

As others were saying, I'll throw a slender 127 for smallies too. I actually discovered this by accident while targeting pike and muskie with a pointer 128 and having several smallies smash it.