13 Fishing Jabber Jaw vs 6th Sense Axis

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
mustardgorilla
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

13 Fishing Jabber Jaw vs 6th Sense Axis

Post by mustardgorilla » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:15 am

6th Sense is already talking about "patent pending". Who's going to win the moving bill war?

amso4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 13 Fishing Jabber Jaw vs 6th Sense Axis

Post by amso4 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:02 pm

I have seen some videos of these hybrid bladed lipped crankbaits. Anybody using them? Are they legit? Do you use them instead of a crankbait or bladed jig or something else?

torm
Angler
Angler

Post by torm » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:07 pm

I got the axis in a orange and yellow color with a gold lip and as of right now it is eh. Only thing I've caught with it was walleye. My buddy used it and had one bass follower. It has a really wide body wobble. I throw it if I wanna try to get something on it or experiment but it is not my go to.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:06 pm

I threw the jabber jaw quite a bit last week. Has a really nice different action than other square bills. Also came through shallow wood really well. Hardware seems to be above average. Didn't hook anything big but caught a couple little guys on it.

I think it has a place in your arsenal, but it hasn't dethroned my favorite squarebill of the moment which is the BX Brat.

torm
Angler
Angler

Post by torm » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:47 pm

Update on my experience with the two. I'm definitely liking the jabber jaw more. Like I said before the 6th sense has a really wide wobble. In my opinion WAY too wide. The jabber jaw has more like the traditional squarebill wobble. I've thrown the 6th sense now for early spring and summer and only manage to produce one bass. If you don't find the right retrieve speed the Axis will stop diving and just run weird subsurface. With the right sunlight though it does have ALOT of flash. I've caught more bass right now on the jabber jaw throwing it less than the Axis. Needless to say I probably won't be buying another axis but I do see myself buying more jabber jaws.