What is your favorite discontinued lure?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What is your favorite discontinued lure?

Post by KP Duty » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:50 am

Quillback wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:15 am
I miss the Lucky Craft Flat DR especially in Japan Craw.
Simmons has had these up for auction recently on ebay. Not sure how they get ahold of all these baits I thought were dicontinued.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What is your favorite discontinued lure?

Post by MK49 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:31 pm

There are too many, and I'm sure I missed a few.

- Daiwa TD Pencil
- Heddon Meadow Mouse
- Heddon TIger
- Heddon Head Hunter, both crankbait and minnow
- Lucky Craft S8 Popper
- Ozark Wood Walker
- Megabass Lates (I know there's a newer/updated version of it, but I've heard it's a little different.)

The good thing is that I can still buy used ones on eBay, except for the Lates, which is hard to find. At least, I have three Lates, so I'm OK for now.

Speaking of Wood Walker, I have 7 or 8 of them. One of them has a Charlie Campbell signature on it, which I bought over 20 years ago. A few month ago, I wanted to stock more Wood Walkers, so I searched on eBay. I found a new old stock from the estate of Charlie Campbell. I bought it, and they actually shipped it with a Charlie Campbell card, like a baseball card with it. I didn't even know he passed away. This lure doesn't have his signature. BTW, a cool thing about Wood Walker is that they're hand made, and the shape of them are all different.