What is your favorite discontinued lure?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: What is your favorite discontinued lure?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:01 am

Dink Whisperer wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:08 pm
The Spro Dawg topwater walking bait. I'm down to only one left.
I have 2 and they are badly beaten up from fish. Paint is peeling everywhere, but they still crush it.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:02 am

Btw, it looks like I'll have to retract my much earlier statement about the Jackall Bling 55. They are back in production and I ordered some from landbigfish. They seem to have most colors in stock.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Quillback
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Quillback » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:15 am

I miss the Lucky Craft Flat DR especially in Japan Craw.

eyra_kid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eyra_kid » Tue May 03, 2022 8:45 am

Quillback wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:15 am
I miss the Lucky Craft Flat DR especially in Japan Craw.
I feel your pain. That exact bait and color is one of my absolute favorites. Hoarding what I have left.

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Tue May 03, 2022 9:10 am

most desired is bagley's small fry in tiger stripe, shallow for streams/creeks. 2nd place any color of Renosky Guido's Double Image.

Heitman
Angler
Angler

Post by Heitman » Thu May 05, 2022 1:43 am

Rapala DT7 Flat and DT3 Flat. Of course Ott's flat series might be the solution
Last edited by Heitman on Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

flipper502
Angler
Angler

Post by flipper502 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:52 am

LC Flat Mini DR - Best all around crank, especially for ripping milfoil in clear water.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Seems like "OG" equates to "made in USA"...I'm sure there are plenty I'm missing, like Finnish made Rapalas.

If I had to pick just one for where I fish today in TN, probably the OG Bandits, they were priced well and had a great series.

Some others off the top of my head:

Yozuri Hard Core Drum lipless
OG Strike King shallow diver (akin to Mann's Baby 1-minus)
Chug Bug
OG Bomber Mud Bug and 7A
OG Wiggle Wart
OG Bandits
OG Bagleys
OG cedar Poes
Xcalibur Spit'n Image, XR/XRK lipless.

Lots of plastics too...too many to list actually for soft plastics, but I'll drop da Gillraker 8" worm in red shad...man, I used to crush CalDelta bass on this color from spring through summer.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:29 am

dragon1 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:13 pm
Seems like "OG" equates to "made in USA"...I'm sure there are plenty I'm missing, like Finnish made Rapalas.

If I had to pick just one for where I fish today in TN, probably the OG Bandits, they were priced well and had a great series.

Chug Bug
OG Bomber Mud Bug and 7A
OG Wiggle Wart
OG Bandits
OG Bagleys
OG cedar Poes

Lots of plastics too...too many to list actually for soft plastics, but I'll drop da Gillraker 8" worm in red shad...man, I used to crush CalDelta bass on this color from spring through summer.

We used to slay on one of my home lakes with those old SK shallow divers. They made a pattern that was heavy on the purple...neon shad perhaps. Anyways, that was one of my top baits back in the day.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:25 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:29 am
dragon1 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Chug Bug
OG Bomber Mud Bug and 7A
OG Wiggle Wart
OG Bandits
OG Bagleys
OG cedar Poes

We used to slay on one of my home lakes with those old SK shallow divers. They made a pattern that was heavy on the purple...neon shad perhaps. Anyways, that was one of my top baits back in the day.
Yeah they had some great patterns, yellow perch as well that was great in some bass ponds in north-central Colorado. So sad that one day the replacements I ordered were not even the same baits, action or hooks.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:32 pm

Was the Spence Scout (with the rubber skirt on back) the "OG Strike King shallow diver" you guys are referring to? It was sold as snag-resistant, with its metal bill and metal anal fin in front of the rear hook--can someone who used one tell me whether it came through fallen timber any better than other shallow crankbaits?

The Mud Bug was an Arbogast lure, not a Bomber product. Love those Bomber 5As for stream smallmouth.

I liked the original Bagley Small Fry Bluegill, which was a bit bigger and had a different bill than the versions I've seen since.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:00 pm

Bronzeye wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:32 pm
Was the Spence Scout (with the rubber skirt on back) the "OG Strike King shallow diver" you guys are referring to? It was sold as snag-resistant, with its metal bill and metal anal fin in front of the rear hook--can someone who used one tell me whether it came through fallen timber any better than other shallow crankbaits?

The Mud Bug was an Arbogast lure, not a Bomber product. Love those Bomber 5As for stream smallmouth.

I liked the original Bagley Small Fry Bluegill, which was a bit bigger and had a different bill than the versions I've seen since.
I remember the Spence Scout. My buddy used to clean up on it.

That's not the bait I was referring to. The one I was was your basic shallow diving crank.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:03 pm

Bronzeye wrote:

Ah that's right, it was an Arbogast! Thanks for correcting me. Also to echo Gone Phishin, the SK shallow diving crank I'm speaking of is not the Spence Scout.

I have to try the new 5A as it still gets solid reviews for stream type fishing and smallies. Bagley evidently also has some strong value squarebills now.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:06 pm

Berkley Bungee worm

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:55 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:00 pm
Bronzeye wrote:

I remember the Spence Scout. My buddy used to clean up on it.

That's not the bait I was referring to. The one I was was your basic shallow diving crank.
Arbogaster?
Attachments
AA1F7BAC-C480-4C16-BD0A-E6BF2463E98F.jpeg
AA1F7BAC-C480-4C16-BD0A-E6BF2463E98F.jpeg (58.71 KiB) Viewed 2470 times