New Deep Diver Favorite Duel Bullet Crank 7+

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
amso4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New Deep Diver Favorite Duel Bullet Crank 7+

Post by amso4 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:51 pm

I started throwing this new bait as an alternative to 10XD and 500DD. This bait gets down deep like a 10XD but pulls much less. If you like deep cranking out in 25ft, this bait fits the job nicely. So far I have caught several nice bass in the first week that I have been throwing it. i got the blue back herring first since that was all TW had in stock. Got the blue chart and the sexy shad now that TW has them all in stock.

shadybanks
Angler
Angler

Re: New Deep Diver Favorite Duel Bullet Crank 7+

Post by shadybanks » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:15 am

Good looking bait. Will have to pick some up.

Have you compared it to a MB Big M 7.5 ? That's been my go-to for super deep divers.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Deep Diver Favorite Duel Bullet Crank 7+

Post by City17Banner » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:48 pm

shadybanks wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:15 am
Good looking bait. Will have to pick some up.

Have you compared it to a MB Big M 7.5 ? That's been my go-to for super deep divers.
I can attest that the Duel Hardcore Bullet Crank 7+ and the MB Big M 7.5 have become the centerpieces of my deep crankbait fishing for both smallmouth and largemouth bass in the waters I fish in MN and WIS. I have confirmed via Lowrance Active Target along with LIVE Scan and Structure Scan 3D that both lures consistently reach 24+ feet in diving depth from a long-distance cast of approximately 130-140 feet with the lures already at or near their maximum diving depths by the time they reach my 100-foot Active Target display range. I'm primarily fishing deep rock piles or humps on isolated rocky areas adjacent to the deep basin area of flowages (Wisconsin notation for reservoirs) and natural lakes in summer and into late fall. Both lures exhibit the "traditional" attention to detail found in JDM lures with exquisite paint jobs that are durable and with great hardware (hooks & split rings) that doesn't need to be switched out immediately after taking them out of the box.

On a related note, both lures also have proven to be extremely durable when grinding the rocks and gravel areas common in the Canadian Shield type lakes and flowages I fish in this part of the world. It is worth mentioning that prior to adopting the Duel and MB crankbaits, I had exclusively used Rapala DT16's & DT20's for my deep-water crankbait fishing and the durability (especially the diving bills) and exceptional hardware and paint jobs have allowed me to retire all of my Rapala lures to the storage racks in my heated pole barn for a "rainy" day sometime in the distant future.

The tackle setups I use for the Duel and MB crankbaits are identical: MB Valkryie 76XXH casting rods with Shimano Conquest 200 DC reels, and 20-pound test Power Pro Maxcuatro braid mainline with an 18-inch shock leader of 30-pound test Sunline FC fluorocarbon leader for abrasion resistance. I hope this helps with your question comparing these two lures and I wish you good luck fishing in the new year!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS