Evergreen SB 777 and other small topwaters

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Evergreen SB 777 and other small topwaters

Post by Firstoutfisher » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 pm

Just saw the evergreen showerblows 777 topwaters and it looks perfect for the smaller baitfish we have right now. However looks like everyone is out of stock on these. Has it been released yet?

Are there any other smaller walking topwaters in the 1/4 to 3/8 ounce range?

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Evergreen SB 777 and other small topwaters

Post by reason162 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:43 am

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 pm
Are there any other smaller walking topwaters in the 1/4 to 3/8 ounce range?
Duo Pencil 85 is 3/8oz and walks well with a little splash.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:58 am

There are only a couple in Black Bone left in stock at The Tackle Trap. This bait is awesome and by far my favorite top water to hit the market in a long while. The casting distance is impressive and fish absolutely chomp this thing! There are a bunch on order, so hopefully a nice restock will happen soon, but who knows these days!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:27 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:58 am
There are only a couple in Black Bone left in stock at The Tackle Trap. This bait is awesome and by far my favorite top water to hit the market in a long while. The casting distance is impressive and fish absolutely chomp this thing! There are a bunch on order, so hopefully a nice restock will happen soon, but who knows these days!
Thanks for the feedback! I want one of these bad. Wish I would've seen you had some in stock. Black isn't my first color choice but I would have definitely thrown one on the order with my rod.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:27 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! I want one of these bad. Wish I would've seen you had some in stock. Black isn't my first color choice but I would have definitely thrown one on the order with my rod.
You're welcome - my guess is that your rod is out the door already, but PM me your order info and I'll check if you like. On a side note, these baits get bit, and color really hasn't been a major factor in my experience. If I could only have two colors of top water walking baits, one would be white, the other black - or some shade of light and dark. I'm just very simple when it comes to these things and a terrible bait "color" salesman :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:10 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 pm
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:27 pm
bronzefly wrote:
You're welcome - my guess is that your rod is out the door already, but PM me your order info and I'll check if you like. On a side note, these baits get bit, and color really hasn't been a major factor in my experience. If I could only have two colors of top water walking baits, one would be white, the other black - or some shade of light and dark. I'm just very simple when it comes to these things and a terrible bait "color" salesman :lol:
Yeah I usually stick with the light/dark/clear scheme with topwater baits at least. Just need to think of something else to order so I can justify getting the Sb777. Rod has definitely left already,since it was in my garage when i got home tonight.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Also try the Zara puppy or Smaller Sammy's. They catch em

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:49 pm

So I finally got a chance to take the sb777 out tonight and play around with it. This thing is awesome! It walks effortlessly and I was casting it as far on my 6'8 spinning gear as I cast a full size topwater on my otomat! :big grin:

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:49 pm
So I finally got a chance to take the sb777 out tonight and play around with it. This thing is awesome! It walks effortlessly and I was casting it as far on my 6'8 spinning gear as I cast a full size topwater on my otomat! :big grin:
I would think. It’s pretty hefty despite its length as is a Boyo spook which is twice the weight of a Puppy.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:16 pm

C'ultiva Zip N Ziggy is now available on TW...it's a must have for small Topwater walking baits.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:12 pm

Look for a Lucky Craft S8 Popper. It's probably one of my top 5 poppers of all time. I bought one about 25 years ago. It was so good that I bought a few more. I'm sure you can buy used ones on eBay. It's a popper that walks betters than any other popper. I forgot about it, and hadn't used it for about 15 years. Recently, I started using it again, and I realized how much I liked it. It's pretty amazing for a little popper.

BTW, a SB 105 is one of my favorites, so I will buy the little guy soon.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:15 pm

OK, I bought an SB 77.7, and used it for a few fishing trips, probably about 30min total. I haven't gotten any bite, while my SB 105 keeps catching bass. I wish they made it a little bit bigger, maybe 90. I don't really get it. The 105 catches fish as small as the size of the lure. With 77.7, I don't even get a bite. Even those tiny bass don't bite the smaller 77.7.
Last edited by MK49 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:24 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:16 pm
C'ultiva Zip N Ziggy is now available on TW...it's a must have for small Topwater walking baits.
Yep

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:44 am

This is a bit bigger than the SB77, but I love the Evergreen Justine or JT 95. If you want something smaller and silent, but still has a nice bloop and shoosh walking noise, this is the one for you. Sometimes when you're fishing shallow, you need to take the noise levels down. I dig the silent nature of the lure.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:17 pm

EG, both International and America models are money. I’ve caught some nice LMB on Justines, SB 77.7 and also One’s Bug.