OSP Hardbaits

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: OSP Hardbaits

Post by lund40 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:00 am

jerkbait22 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:07 am
lund40 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:07 am
osp highcut
Are you fishing it like a jerkbait or crankbait? I have one but have never thrown it. I believe it’s one of those hybrid jerkbait/crankbaits.
i fish it more like the twitchbait it is catches bass and especially walleye

JeremyWright
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by JeremyWright » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:28 pm

Power Dunk 57SP is one of my favorite hardbaits of all time. Amazing bait when the bass are keyed in on smaller bait and shad but you still need something with some sound and presence to stand out. The halibut and bay bass crush it when they're eating that smaller finbait too.
The blitz max dr and ex dr are really good cranks, that cast amazing given the fact they don't have a weight transfer system. The megabass deepx-300 is my go-to crank for those depths, but I'm fishing the ex dr as a 1-2 punch when they want something smaller/quieter than the megabass.
Haven't fished their jerkbaits but that's on the list. I've also been surprised at the bits the bent minnow has got me in some out our really pressured socal lakes. I think it's a testament to the unique action and look of that bait.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:52 pm

Looks like OSP is coming out with a squarebill in the blitz series. The Blitz SSR. I still haven't even tried anything from the blitz series but I am excited about this. I love OSP finishes.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:13 pm

I've been using Yamato Jr over 10 years. It's pretty good, although I like Evergreen SB a bit better. They came out around the same time.

The biggest bass I've ever hooked (I think) was on an OSP Rudra. My PB is 12lbs, and that fish was most likely bigger. I got a bite, and I didn't feel much weight, because the bass was swimming towards me. Then, she decided to go to the other direction. I couldn't move the fish. I moved the boat a little to see if I could move the fish. It started moving a little, then gone. I looked at the hooks, and two of the tail hooks were pretty straight. And, they were Gamakatsu 2x strong hooks.

Check this out. He's the guy who started OSP. That fish is kind of skinny, but probably about 8lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCA1J2D4rQ

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:07 am

In the fall, like right now, those Tiny Blitz MR's are money crashing into isolated wood out on gravel flats. When they're chasing young of the year baitfish like they do in the fall, these can't be beat.

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:05 am

My buddy's been killing schooling largemouth with the iWaverSSS. He calls it the "do nothing" bait. He literally throws it out. And retrieves slowly.

"So do you....twitch it?"

"Naw."

"Do you impart ANY action on it?"

"Naw man. Just throw and reel."

During the Spring, I spent a few weeks using the Tiny Blitz at a ''secret' SoCal reservoir, obliterating 2 to 4 pounders all day, chucking that along rip rap and lay downs. It stays out of snags extremely well for a bait with 2 trebles. The finish on one is destroyed, but that's what happens when it's caught 300+ fish in a month.

I have a few Asuras that I should throw more often, but never get around to doing so. I see that they have Asura 2.0s now, which means that mine was first generation. Anybody have success with that?

And also during the Spring, when I wasn't getting close to triple digit fish to go on the Tiny Blitz, I also chucked a 1/4 ounce High Pitcher and had a lot of success with that too. So much success that during 2 days, I broke 3 of them. And that's not a knock on the lure, but when you're raking 100+ fish a day on the same blade, it's bound to implode at one point or the other.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:01 pm

For the fall time of year, you can't beat a Tiny Blitz MR. For those bent minnow fans, which size are you having the most success?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:45 pm

PotatoLake wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:01 pm
For the fall time of year, you can't beat a Tiny Blitz MR. For those bent minnow fans, which size are you having the most success?
I use the 106 for smallies

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:01 pm

Anyone here use a Rudra? It's a 3/4 oz jerkbait, I just pulled the trigger on the Halloween OSP Bento Box, it contains a Rudra in there. I've been getting into upsizing my lures lately. Its a 130. Should be interesting. This topic had some positive reviews of the iWaver, that's good, I'm getting one of those too. It also has their Over Ride blade bait which should come in handy this winter. I'd be glad to revisit this topic when I get some time on the water with these.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:53 pm

PotatoLake wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:01 pm
Anyone here use a Rudra? It's a 3/4 oz jerkbait, I just pulled the trigger on the Halloween OSP Bento Box, it contains a Rudra in there. I've been getting into upsizing my lures lately. Its a 130. Should be interesting. This topic had some positive reviews of the iWaver, that's good, I'm getting one of those too. It also has their Over Ride blade bait which should come in handy this winter. I'd be glad to revisit this topic when I get some time on the water with these.
My PB is a 12 pounder. I hooked a bass that was most likely bigger than that with a Rudra. After I set the hook, I didn't feel much weight, because the fish was swimming towards my boat. When she realized that she was hooked, I couldn't move the fish much. I even moved the boat to see if I could move her. I had the fish for 30 seconds or so. Then, it came loose. I looked at the hooks, and found two hooks on the tail hook was straighten. The hooks were 2x strong Gamakatsu hooks.

Besides that big bass, I've caught plenty of 7+ pounders with the Rudra. A great lure.

That being said, the best OSP lure to me is a Yamato or Yamato Jr.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:41 am

MK49 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:53 pm
PotatoLake wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:01 pm
My PB is a 12 pounder. I hooked a bass that was most likely bigger than that with a Rudra. After I set the hook, I didn't feel much weight, because the fish was swimming towards my boat. When she realized that she was hooked, I couldn't move the fish much. I even moved the boat to see if I could move her. I had the fish for 30 seconds or so. Then, it came loose. I looked at the hooks, and found two hooks on the tail hook was straighten. The hooks were 2x strong Gamakatsu hooks.

Besides that big bass, I've caught plenty of 7+ pounders with the Rudra. A great lure.

That being said, the best OSP lure to me is a Yamato or Yamato Jr.
Hey Thanks for the review! That has me excited to give it a try, I like throwing bigger baits this time of year. And yes! the Yamato is next on my list to try.

One10addict_19D
Angler
Angler

Post by One10addict_19D » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:33 am

I got a slew of the blitz series in a bunch of sizes a couple winters ago from The hookup and then the swimbait bug set in hard and they have been sitting. I need to put the time in with them the finish’s are incredible, either that or let someone else givem some love. I do use the over real 60 micro wake they have and it kills in rivers and streams!! All species though lots of panfish get it due to that tiny treble.