Trying Sumthin New in Jerkbaits

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Trying Sumthin New in Jerkbaits

Post by goldrod » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:37 pm

I’ve never been the very best when it comes to jerkbaits but I’m good enough and I felt the need to go deep.
Recently purchased the deps billabong longbill 130 and it’s pretty much more of a jerk bait than many of my others.
I can’t see 8lb test with this lure. It’s a meat stick of a bait.

Anyone else try these? I can’t see throwing them on any typical jerk bait rod.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Trying Sumthin New in Jerkbaits

Post by dhottle » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:02 pm

I assume your talking about the deps balisong 130sp. I use them on my standard jerk bait rod MHM rated 3/8 to 1oz. They are a different breed from standard deep diving jerk baits. They fish more like a crank bait than a jerk bait. I found they work better with straight pulls or rod sweeps than typical sharp jerks or twitches. Here is a link that might help you.
https://www.optimumbaits.com/pumping-an ... ll-130-sf/
Last edited by dhottle on Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:10 pm

dhottle wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:02 pm
I assume your talking about the deps balisong 130sp. I use them on my standard jerk bait rod MHM rated 3/8 to 1oz. They are a different breed from standard deep diving jerk baits. They fish more like a crank bait than a jerk bait. I found they work better with straight pulls or rod sweeps then typical sharp jerks or twitches. Here is a link that might help you.
https://www.optimumbaits.com/pumping-an ... ll-130-sf/
Yes Sir you are correct
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:31 pm

And thank You