Griffon SR-X highly weedless?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Griffon SR-X highly weedless?

Post by LowRange » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:41 am

I have a baby verison of this bait in 3/16 oz and was playing around with my BFS gear casting various tiny cranks for whatever would bite (yellow perch, bluegill, bass, green sunfish and redears it turns out) and discovered that the little Griffon was vastly more weedless than any of the other baits. Its a little pink shallow Griffon with a little round bill with pointed edges. The big size looks like the Griffon SR-X so it looks like a 2" one of those. For those that have the SR-X, is it actually more weedless than a normal squarebilll or shallow crank?

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Griffon SR-X highly weedless?

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:15 pm

I'm not sure if its more weedless but man this bait is 'hot' on our lake here. I bought maybe 6 of these one summer and every species just hammers it. Color or retrieve doesn't even matter. Only issue is the tiny hooks don't always stay in the larger fish but if you want to catch some numbers......this is it. Big gills love this thing too if you want to catch some nice bluegill.
Philippians 4:6

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Griffon SR-X highly weedless?

Post by Johnny A » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:06 pm

Thunderblack1984 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:15 pm
I'm not sure if its more weedless but man this bait is 'hot' on our lake here. I bought maybe 6 of these one summer and every species just hammers it. Color or retrieve doesn't even matter. Only issue is the tiny hooks don't always stay in the larger fish but if you want to catch some numbers......this is it. Big gills love this thing too if you want to catch some nice bluegill.
I’ve “heard”, you can swap out two small treble hooks for one of the next size up treble hook. Personally, it’s one of those “6 of 1, half dozen the other” situations.