Sharpest factory hardbait trebles

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Sharpest factory hardbait trebles

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:04 am

Man, I used to think that some of the OG chrome Daiwa trebles on their TD topwaters were sharp, then I experienced Owner/C'ultiva factory topwater trebles, and thought those were as good and maybe had a better cutting/penetration edge and point.

Lately, the trebles on the Evergreen JT walking baits in both 95 and 115 have struck me as stoopid-sticky-sharp, I mean better than any other top end JDM trebled bait I have ever used, the trebles have a slightly inward bend, and have the point stickness of the OG high carbon content VMC trebles on Mepps in the smaller #0 - #2 sizes, WITHOUT having to sharpen and polish the tips.

What say you TT'ers?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sharpest factory hardbait trebles

Post by toddmc » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:16 pm

The Jackall hardbaits are good also. Almost all high-end baits are good. I replaced a few worn out trebles on some Evergreen and Lucky Craft baits recently with KVD Short Shank 2X Triple Grip hooks, and I am pretty impressed with them. Most of my hardbaits get Owner trebles (mostly ST-36), but there is no shortage of great treble hooks out there. The Zowire stuff has a bit more durable points.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:38 pm

toddmc wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:16 pm
The Jackall hardbaits are good also. Almost all high-end baits are good. I replaced a few worn out trebles on some Evergreen and Lucky Craft baits recently with KVD Short Shank 2X Triple Grip hooks, and I am pretty impressed with them. Most of my hardbaits get Owner trebles (mostly ST-36), but there is no shortage of great treble hooks out there. The Zowire stuff has a bit more durable points.
I'll second the Jackall baits. The hooks on the Bling 55 will be into your finger up past the barb very quickly if you aren't careful.......ask me how I know. :doh:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:04 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:38 pm
toddmc wrote:
I'll second the Jackall baits. The hooks on the Bling 55 will be into your finger up past the barb very quickly if you aren't careful.......ask me how I know. :doh:
I need to pick up more Jackall baits, the one that has produced best for me has been the Mikey Jr.

I think they used to make a small bluegill glide bait as well, I lost my only one few years ago, it looks like a mini Gantarel.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:56 am

dragon1 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:04 am
Man, I used to think that some of the OG chrome Daiwa trebles on their TD topwaters were sharp, then I experienced Owner/C'ultiva factory topwater trebles, and thought those were as good and maybe had a better cutting/penetration edge and point.

Lately, the trebles on the Evergreen JT walking baits in both 95 and 115 have struck me as stoopid-sticky-sharp, I mean better than any other top end JDM trebled bait I have ever used, the trebles have a slightly inward bend, and have the point stickness of the OG high carbon content VMC trebles on Mepps in the smaller #0 - #2 sizes, WITHOUT having to sharpen and polish the tips.

What say you TT'ers?

I just bought a couple packs of the EG dressed trebles because of their effectiveness!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:35 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:56 am
dragon1 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:04 am

What say you TT'ers?

I just bought a couple packs of the EG dressed trebles because of their effectiveness!
Johnny, where did you find the EG dressed trebles?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:10 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:04 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
toddmc wrote:
I need to pick up more Jackall baits, the one that has produced best for me has been the Mikey Jr.

I think they used to make a small bluegill glide bait as well, I lost my only one few years ago, it looks like a mini Gantarel.
Yes the Jackall baits that I have fished are all great with sweet hooks. I just wish that I had more time to fish hardbaits. I always say that I keep it simple with them because I will never have time to fish a lot of the hardbaits that I already have. :crying:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:01 pm

toddmc wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:10 pm
dragon1 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:04 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
toddmc wrote:

Yes the Jackall baits that I have fished are all great with sweet hooks. I just wish that I had more time to fish hardbaits. I always say that I keep it simple with them because I will never have time to fish a lot of the hardbaits that I already have. :crying:
Most places in N.A. right now, topwater hardbaits should be in play, long with some soft topwater baits like hollow body frogs and toads.