Ryugi Pierce Tc Treble Hook

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Ryugi Pierce Tc Treble Hook

Post by Bbrotz » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:50 am

Anybody have any experience with this hook? I was thinking of picking a pack up for some jerkbaits but just noticed that it’s a medium heavy wire. If anyone could get a weight on a size 6 that would be awesome. If not I guess I’ll have to order some up to see

BIGBOY
Angler
Angler

Re: Ryugi Pierce Tc Treble Hook

Post by BIGBOY » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:10 pm

I really like all of the Ryugi hooks that I’ve tried. I prefer the TC treble for crankbaits. I highly recommend the Pierce Dagger for jerkbaits. I use size 6 for a 110 and size 5 for 110 plus 1.

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:54 am

all my jerkbaits have had hooks changed to the thin gauge triple grips.

they are lighter than stock hooks, and when talking about bass, are the best hooks on the planet. Just try to get one off the hook - you'll see. :lol:

my fishing partner stopped using them because they work "too good" and are a pain in the ass to get the fish off.

I can handle that extra work. I buy them from Jann's netcraft in bulk.

Just don't use them for anything that is strong (ie, salmonoid, essox, etc)
1-2%

Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bbrotz » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:22 am

BIGBOY wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:10 pm
I really like all of the Ryugi hooks that I’ve tried. I prefer the TC treble for crankbaits. I highly recommend the Pierce Dagger for jerkbaits. I use size 6 for a 110 and size 5 for 110 plus 1.
I’ll have to look into those, I didn’t know they made the pierce dagger. I only seen the Tc on tackle warehouse.
SteveSchmelzle wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:54 am
all my jerkbaits have had hooks changed to the thin gauge triple grips.

they are lighter than stock hooks, and when talking about bass, are the best hooks on the planet. Just try to get one off the hook - you'll see. :lol:

my fishing partner stopped using them because they work "too good" and are a pain in the ass to get the fish off.

I can handle that extra work. I buy them from Jann's netcraft in bulk.

Just don't use them for anything that is strong (ie, salmonoid, essox, etc)
Well you sold on a pack of those. With a review like that how could I not try them out

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:32 am

you'll find there is a technique to remove the hooks from a bass mouth. Kinda roll and turn them.

try your very best not to use plyers. The triple grip hooks are a bit soft (due to their thin gauge).

I've never had a bass bend a hook though. I also use them for walleye (up to 15lbs). Every once and a while we'll catch a salmon fishing for walleye. The salmon will destroy the hooks.
1-2%