Scatter Raps?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
shadybanks
Angler
Angler

Scatter Raps?

Post by shadybanks » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:56 pm

I was moving stuff around in my garage and found a box with about 20 Scatter Raps. I remember trying them on a weeklong trip that we did great on LC and SK 1.5s but I couldn't get bit on the Scatter Raps for nothing. They were much harder to cast and had to be reeled much slower or they spun out very easily. I think I came back from that trip jaded and put the box in the bottom of a tackle cabinet and never tried them again.

Does anyone use these on a regular basis? Is there a trick to get them to work better? Weight strips, bigger hooks?

They must work for someone because Rapala still makes them and they love to discontinue productive lures. I think I am going to give them another shot with light line and see what happens.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Scatter Raps?

Post by slipperybob » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:04 pm

I'm on the one of the worst buys of my life on these lures. Still hoping that one day it will get bit. ](*,) Maybe when the fish are biting on anything scenario.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:43 am

I bought three different versions and went fishless on all. Possibly a case of having expectations too high and setting them aside too soon, but I haven't read of these lures winning any pro tournaments....

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:17 am

they are a solid trolling bait at slow speeds for trout in cold water.

a go-to for us in the spring.
1-2%

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:04 pm

Love them for walleye. Because you can't burn them, i prefer something like a squarebill for bass.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri May 26, 2023 1:43 pm

They have a tight wiggle and a shallow dive angle. Great cold water baits when early season bass are on sandy flats sunning themselves. I never had any spiral on me but I must not reel as fast as some.