Flash Pointer Line

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Flash Pointer Line

Post by Drakestar » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Does anybody know what happened to the Lucky Craft Flash Pointer SP line? They used to have tons of available colors, but now Tackle Warehouse only lists 4 rudimentary schemes. Some of the most successful color combinations (for my fishing) disappeared. American Shad being the most obvious one, of course, but there was also a ghosty bluegill color that worked amazingly in non-shad lakes.

It doesn't look like the Flash Pointer was discontinued or replaced, it just looks like they limited it significantly. Weird?

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lucky_C ... FP100.html

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Flash Pointer Line

Post by City17Banner » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:45 pm

I throw a lot of jerkbaits during the fishing season for smallmouth bass and the LC Flash Pointer 100SP is my top producing jerkbait for smallmouth bass in the summertime. Lucky Craft still makes 15 different colors of the Flash Pointer model line, but they no longer produce it in the MS American Shad color. Sometime in the last 2-3 years, this fantastic color was discontinued, one day it was simply no longer available from any source I could find online and since then, I have been successfully using Aurora Black for the flowages/rivers I fish that have shad in them instead. In bodies of water that have bluegill and sunfish, the BE Gill or the Flake Flake Golden Sunfish colors get the job done for me when I am using the Flash Pointer for smallmouth bass.

Unfortunately, with the current global supply issues, your best bet to find any good quantities Flash Pointers in any given color is either via a JDM Retailer or eBay. Here are two reliable online vendors I have used for several years to acquire replacement lures for when the nuisance pike and muskies take my Flash Pointers away from me.

Please have a great day!

Ichiban Tackle Link: https://www.ichibantackle.com/products/ ... inter-100/

eBay Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1& ... ait&_oac=1
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:11 am

Thanks! Flake Golden Sunfish (in 100 size) is the color I've been missing. It's an amazing producer fished over grass beds. And I've been feeling the absence of American Shad myself.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:59 pm

Yes, Flake Flake Golden Sunfish is a killer in any body of water with bluegill and sunfish in it, the challenge is that it's very hard to find that color in either the LC Flash Pointer 100SP or the Slender Pointer 97MR which are both exceptional smallmouth bass jerkbaits.

Now that you mention it, in general, I haven't seen MS American Shad in any of the recent LC crankbaits and jerkbaits I have purchased over the last three fishing seasons now. So perhaps, LC might have dropped it as a mainstream color scheme in their lures since 2019 or thereabouts. Unfortunately, the inner workings of many JDM lure companies such as Lucky Craft, Jackall, and others seldom make sense to us anglers who use their lures so perhaps it's just a temporary issue or it may be a permanent thing and I'll have to search online and start hoarding MS American Shad colored lures. :lol:
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS