Evergreen Flat Force Leaking

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Evergreen Flat Force Leaking

Post by reason162 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:26 am

This is on a sandy bottom, zero rocks around - after 2 or 3 fish.

Is there a fix? Where is the water coming in...the hook hangers?

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Evergreen Flat Force Leaking

Post by dragon1 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:31 pm

Well, that sux! I just got three in today!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:37 pm

Usually going to come in around the hangers. Sometimes they twist just a little and cause that.
Seams could be an issue on cheaper lures but don't see that being a problem with Evergreen.

I seal all hook hangers on the lures I paint with Thin CA glue and haven't had any leaks reported. Pour some in a small container, bend the tip of a paper clip to 90*, dip in the glue and use it to apply without making a mess. If there's even a hairline crack it will draw it in and seal it.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:53 pm

I've beat the heck out to the EG Flat Force cranks since they released them. I've never had a water intrusion issue with them after so many fish catches, banging off wood, rocks, etc. I'd suspect a manufacturing defect here as mine have been fantastic and highly productive.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:21 pm

Toothy critters will puncture cranks and cause water intrusion, as well.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:14 am

bronzefly wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:53 pm
I'd suspect a manufacturing defect here as mine have been fantastic and highly productive.
Yeah I am literally swimming these in open water and maybe skimming over sand, and this being a new bait I suspect definitely a manufacturing defect. Does Evergreen have a form to fill out like MB does?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:04 pm

reason162 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:14 am
bronzefly wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:53 pm
I'd suspect a manufacturing defect here as mine have been fantastic and highly productive.
Yeah I am literally swimming these in open water and maybe skimming over sand, and this being a new bait I suspect definitely a manufacturing defect. Does Evergreen have a form to fill out like MB does?
I talked to Daiwa. You'd need to send it to them with a copy of your receipt showing it was purchased new from an authorized US dealer. They said they typically inspect them to verify the manufacturing defect, and if found defective, they will replace the bait for you.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap