Z Man Chatterbait Micro trailer?

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
white84z
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Z Man Chatterbait Micro trailer?

Post by white84z » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:43 pm

I use the lake fork baby shad on mine. The segmented body allows the tail to kick like crazy.

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cumara » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 am

I tried a Panfish Assassin 2" swimbait on there and it matched up very well and works great.

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:34 pm

Are you fishing for bass with that little guy?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:04 pm

montey wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:34 pm
I've caught some nice fish with those micro chatterbaits. Heck, in midsummer, after the shad spawn has produced lots of fry, I fish for bass with lures as small as 1/16 oz crappie jigs. I have caught 7-8# bass on crappie jigs before. With a smooth drag, it's not too difficult, except for the patience! All baits have their time and place. I know a guy who fly fishes exclusively for bass with tiny poppers in small private lakes. Bass are predators, and very opportunistic. They will eat anything they can fit in their mouths. I've watched them eat ducks, baby birds that fall from nests into the water, rats, snakes, turtles, even bats at dusk. I caught a 7# bass on a cricket once when I was a kid.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:04 pm
montey wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:34 pm
I've caught some nice fish with those micro chatterbaits. Heck, in midsummer, after the shad spawn has produced lots of fry, I fish for bass with lures as small as 1/16 oz crappie jigs. I have caught 7-8# bass on crappie jigs before. With a smooth drag, it's not too difficult, except for the patience! All baits have their time and place. I know a guy who fly fishes exclusively for bass with tiny poppers in small private lakes. Bass are predators, and very opportunistic. They will eat anything they can fit in their mouths. I've watched them eat ducks, baby birds that fall from nests into the water, rats, snakes, turtles, even bats at dusk. I caught a 7# bass on a cricket once when I was a kid.
I'll have to dig up a pic from when I was like 14, one of my friend's younger brother is holding a ~ 5 lb largemouth that ate a large yellow grasshopper I was fishing on the bottom. This was mid fall in Colorado on Hayden Lake in Boulder back around 1985.

I've also caught a 5+ with my oldest son when he was a little kiddo out of our friends private ponds (Aloha Beach, Westminster CO) on a tiny Bass Pro Shops fluke type bait. Also, lots of 3-4 lb bass were caught on the Pins Minnow in that pond as well.

All this said, more of my bigger fish have come on larger baits...still, if it's an easy snack, they will inhale it.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Munkin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Munkin » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:13 pm

Damiki makes a tiny fluke like bait that should work well.

Allen

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:49 pm

x2 on the tiny fluke. and also x2 on cutting the skirts back and switching out the snaps. I had a magical day with a school of white bass with it modified that way. It had that good vibration right on start up and the tiny fluke didn't fight that action. I prefer these to the jackhammers.