BuzZbAit Question

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

BuzZbAit Question

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 am

Why would I pay for a buzzbait that has a blade to hit the head and knock off the paint? I’ve always caught fish on buzzbaits but it was never the ones that has the blade hitting the head of the bait
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: BuzZbAit Question

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:50 pm

Some swear by the sound of a squeaky blade or a blade tapping the head. I have some old buzzbaits that actually have a metal flap on the upright part of the wire. It hits the blade as it spins. I've caught fish on both types, but I dont have a preference on them and fish dont seem to, either.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 pm

For the thump. It makes a deeper knock than the ones where the blade hits a metal tab, or a piece of metal attached to the wire. Also let’s off a different vibration around the bait every time it hits the head. I use them on windy days or when there is more chop on the surface. The fish can’t see the top of the head as it’s out of the water anyways. I throw buzz baits year round, and having the right style bait for the condition can turn a slow day to a dream day real quick.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Do you stick the buzzbait outside of your car window while driving?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:27 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:51 pm
Do you stick the buzzbait outside of your car window while driving?
I did when I was a kid. It sort of mesmerized me at that time.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.