Making Custom Jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Sterfry26
Angler
Angler

Making Custom Jigs

Post by Sterfry26 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:07 pm

Hello,

I was thinking about buying some jig heads to make custom jigs. I have tied jigs before and was wondering if there was a good source to buy tungsten heads. I was also wondering if there were any great smaller jigs for fishing around large chunk rock. I throw and lose a ton of jigs so I am trying to get my jig box packed full for next season.

Thanks

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Making Custom Jigs

Post by toddmc » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:53 am

Check out the Boss heads. I don't believe they have any tungsten, but they have just about any shape that you could want. I don't fish football heads anymore. We don't have much gravel in the West that they are good for. You will lose too many in our bigger jagged rock that dominates in many places here. I prefer the Boss Heavy Cover head because you can go back over your bait and get it out most of the time you are stuck in the nasty stuff like the lava at Clear Lake. It is a great all-around head that will do almost anything if you want to simplify your jig fishing.

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Making Custom Jigs

Post by CFDoc » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Siebert outdoors.

My go-to for all styles of jig heads in tungsten.