Check out this killer finesse jig!

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Check out this killer finesse jig!

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:21 am

Wanted to share a finesse jig created by my long time smallmouth buddy and aspirting Chicago bass fanatic Ryan Whitacre.

He created the original tightrope when we were both youngins' and it was our little secret bait on the Lake Michigan tournament circuits. And now its has gained a large following throughout the Midwest and is very unique for a finesse jig. A cool feature Ryan added was a heavier guage mustad hook that can be fished on both spinning and baitcasting great.

I learned how to fish it correctly when we fish a tournament and and taught me how to work a finesse jig like i've never seen before we ended up catching the heck out of them in downtown Chicago Lake front all on 1/4oz Tight Ropes with Poor Boy's Erie Dater Jr as trailers. It was our largest victory on the Lake as kids in their early 20's and we weighed in a 21+pound bag of smallies.

After that we couldn't keep our young mouth's shut about Ryan's fantastic creation. Anywhere I fish, I always have tied on.

It excels for all for both green and brown bass and Build all by hand in Chicago, IL. It features hand-tied skirt, strong mustad hook, plastic holder, sweet wire wire hook guard to prevent snags in hard cover.

There's more than just the original TR.

What do you guys think or the TR ?

Would you throw it on spinning or casting rods?
Attachments
FB_IMG_1619010992668.jpg
Tight Rope Baby Firework Jig
FB_IMG_1619010992668.jpg (42.53 KiB) Viewed 3956 times

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Check out this killer finesse jig!

Post by TravisNY » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:11 pm

Fairly well known in smallmouth circles.

jiggin4bass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jiggin4bass » Sun May 23, 2021 1:57 am

Lefty's Lure Company the Puffball Jig is no secret I've been building them since early 1985
I build everything from finesse reg skirt to flipping and swimjigs
I also have a line of my custom molded Bladebaits in 1/4oz. 3/8oz. 1/2oz. Very jig or bait is hand poured custom powder coated heads up to five colors and fired for a hard shinny finish. And all hand tied.

Companys that fallowed my design
Are
Skinnybear Signature Series jig
Mr B's lures Puffball jig
Frugal lures finesse fishing Puffy jig
Don Ivino starburst jig
I started tying square living rubber puffball jig and using accent back then that we're flashabou and bucktail
Then I started building round rubber fine, reg, heavy grade. puffballs using accents in flashabou bucktail and silicone
Then Silicone puffball jigs in 65 different color patterns
All jig are made from 1/32 oz to 1oz sizes All have custom fiberguards in 9 11 and 18 fiber guards in several different head designs and skirt patterns. Again those jigs are not a secret.
If you watch videos of some people hand tying the puffball jig it doesn't take 15 minutes to tie one jig it should take no more the 3 minute to tie and trim the jig into a perfect puffball in silicone or round rubber in All grades.
I've been build custom jigs spinnerbaits and buzzbaits
Since 1977
Lefty's Lure Company
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Home of the Silicone Puffball jig
Custom Handcrafted Hand tied Lures
Since 1977
jiggin4bass

jiggin4bass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jiggin4bass » Sun May 23, 2021 3:24 am

You'll keep trying one day you'll will build them as good as I do. :lol:
jiggin4bass

jiggin4bass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jiggin4bass » Tue May 25, 2021 4:08 pm

Also there not a person or a jig company out there that will ever take this jig too the next level it's already been done by me. And that's a fact. If you want to learn from somebody that been doing this a very long time. This type of jig pattern can be made on alot of type of jig heads from 1/64 oz to 1oz from finesse to finesse flippin the puffball jig in both light wire or heavy wire mustad hooks can be done
Also lion callor jigs can be done also with the puffball look in finesse to flippin. Everything handtied. All custom in house.
jiggin4bass

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:42 am

jiggin4bass wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:08 pm
Also there not a person or a jig company out there that will ever take this jig too the next level it's already been done by me. And that's a fact. If you want to learn from somebody that been doing this a very long time. This type of jig pattern can be made on alot of type of jig heads from 1/64 oz to 1oz from finesse to finesse flippin the puffball jig in both light wire or heavy wire mustad hooks can be done
Also lion callor jigs can be done also with the puffball look in finesse to flippin. Everything handtied. All custom in house.
you have a site? i've got an idea for a jig, and would like to see what you have. you may've already created what i've been trying to find!

jiggin4bass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jiggin4bass » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:29 pm

I don't have a website currently I'm pretty much retired from manufacturing now I had a great run with the stores and customers
I did business with. But I can still build one off lures. I started in 1977 building custom jigs and added spinnerbaits buzzbaits as I went along I've also added custom blade baits of my body design if you have a design idea of a jig you want built I'm sure I can build it. Custom is what I do and been since 1977. I do have pictures of my work.
The puffball jig was built by me starting in 1985
It was built for west coast fishing
I was the very first manufacture of
that jig.
jiggin4bass

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:01 am

if you will send me a pm, or email me
jasonpenn_2003 at yahoo.com