bottoms up jig is a no go

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

bottoms up jig is a no go

Post by goldrod » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:44 pm

this is not the jig for me
too small. i want to try it as it has great components its like a magnum micro jig
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

ks_ness
Angler
Angler

Re: bottoms up jig is a no go

Post by ks_ness » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:16 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:44 pm
too small. i want to try it as it has great components its like a magnum micro jig
Oh ... they look like they could be great for my (power) BFS setup.
Is the total weight of the jig accurate, or is it like a 1/8oz weight head + the weight of skirt + the weight of the hook? Also, what size is the hook? And would you consider it a light wire or normal wire?

I couldn't find much information on 'em. Thanks for introducing me to Bottoms Ups, haha.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:19 pm

ks_ness wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:16 pm
goldrod wrote:
Is the total weight of the jig accurate, or is it like a 1/8oz weight head + the weight of skirt + the weight of the hook? Also, what size is the hook? And would you consider it a light wire or normal wire?

I couldn't find much information on 'em. Thanks for introducing me to Bottoms Ups, haha.

I had the Gap Jig and I should’ve been more specific
I didn’t weigh them just sending them back. I brought a good few
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

ks_ness
Angler
Angler

Post by ks_ness » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:32 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:19 pm
ks_ness wrote:
goldrod wrote:

I hear ya. I'll try them out to see if it's for me. Looking for an alternative to the Keitech Model II.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:37 am

ks_ness wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:32 pm
goldrod wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:19 pm
ks_ness wrote:
goldrod wrote:

I hear ya. I'll try them out to see if it's for me. Looking for an alternative to the Keitech Model II.
You know, I had to put this to paper. I haven't fished the jig I jut got it and I love the components but I think the hook should have been longer. So I say let me measure against my kietechs bass union little creeper and another jig. just to see
I will fish the Gap Jig, the issue is finding a trailer , but i got the 3/8's cause I m fishing this in 15-20 of water and I dont want to wait forever. I just may try it like a ned head rig.. we shall see .. anyways here are some pictures cause i have chores to do..
kinda got distracted thinking about this..lol
Attachments
gap1.jpeg
gap1.jpeg (119.83 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
gap2.jpeg
gap2.jpeg (118.22 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
gap sap1.jpeg
gap sap1.jpeg (106.53 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
gap3.jpeg
gap3.jpeg (138.39 KiB) Viewed 1640 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 am

I've found that stroking a small jig like this in fall and winter will get you bites but the line size probably should be light braid or braid leader.. I had a fish take it and bend the rod over the gunnel before breaking me off..