Beast Coast Tungsten Lil' Magnum Jig

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Beast Coast Tungsten Lil' Magnum Jig

Post by godshippy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:53 pm

I have BOXES of jigs, but I don't own any that are made with tungsten.

What are you guys' thoughts on sizing when it comes to these compact tungsten jigs? I want to order a few, but do you guys generally go with smaller weights given tungsten is smaller and likely to sink faster? Or do you guys stick with the same types of weights?

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Beast Coast Tungsten Lil' Magnum Jig

Post by Johnny A » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:12 pm

I like them if I can get them.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:45 pm

godshippy wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:53 pm
I have BOXES of jigs, but I don't own any that are made with tungsten.

What are you guys' thoughts on sizing when it comes to these compact tungsten jigs? I want to order a few, but do you guys generally go with smaller weights given tungsten is smaller and likely to sink faster? Or do you guys stick with the same types of weights?
I have a few and i mainly use them in cold deep water so I use 3/8'th ounce at the heaviest when I am fishing 20' of water. .
Just get one of a few brand to find one that you like. dont forget to get your trailer
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:21 am

Do you guys generally go down in weight when using tungsten tho?

I typically fishing 1/2 oz jigs when pitching to cover, but wondering if 3/8 oz would serve the same or better?

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:59 pm

I haven’t fished the Beast Coast tungsten jigs, but I find that, especially in warm water, faster falling jigs often outfish those with a slower fall. In jigs, fall rate is akin to the speed of retrieve in a moving bait — a factor you sometimes need to adjust that can trigger bites. The bulk of the skirt and trailer are probably more significant in rate of fall than the density of the head in any case. I don’t think there’s a straightforward answer.

Shie
Angler
Angler

Post by Shie » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:33 pm

I've fished the beast coast lil magnum over the past two seasons and I like it a lot. I do notice a tungsten jig will fall slightly faster than a lead jig of the same weight, but I generally don't downsize just because I'm throwing tungsten over lead.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:06 pm

I've become a big fan of all of their products, if you decide you want to try a finesse football, their dozier and open-water sniper jigs are hard to beat.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:05 pm

Thanks for all the tips guys! I think I'll just order some in the typical weights that I would throw.