Yamamoto Single tail grubs

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
mcha16
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Yamamoto Single tail grubs

Post by mcha16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm

I got it on a vertical VMC 1/8 Jighead
It swims really nice, except I havent caught any bass on it yet.
I'm slowly losing hope in that grub.
Maybe im fishing it wrong?

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:14 am

I like 5 inch grubs for smb and Yamamoto probably produce the finest single tail grub but I find that the Kailin's have my utmost confidence with thier clear plastic that has put many smallies in the boat over the years.

I like the vmc moon eye jigs to match my grubs colors. I fish 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 depending on season

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:31 am

I fish a 5" purple single tail grub on a brown arkie style jig with a brown and purple skirt for large mouth. I'll pitch it out towards rocks and tulles. This is literally the only way that I've caught bass on a jig for some reason...if I use any other trailer it just doesn't work for me :/

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:15 am

Fat Albert and Kalin's grubs are the best I've found

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat May 07, 2022 8:39 pm

I fish the smaller GY single tail 3" on a 1/8 oz screw head Ned jig with a hook akin to the Eagle Claw nasty hook. I usually use this combo on a Beetle Spin type spinjig, although for a larger sized 3-4" grub, I like Kalins better and I use different type mushroom head, ball head and pill head 1/4 oz jigs.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sun May 08, 2022 8:57 am

The GYCB grubs have been a finesse staple in the Western bass scene since the beginning. We darter and p-head them from the top to the bottom. They are my favorite for saltwater when fishing spotted bay bass around the docks. I have a head called a bullet head that has a smaller stouter hook for the hard spotted bay bass mouths. The 177 color is my favorite.