Calling all soft jerk bait fanatics

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Calling all soft jerk bait fanatics

Post by NJ Jigman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:27 am

I use two soft jerks, First choice is the keitech and the second is the SK caffeine shad. I have been doing very well with the double fluke rig this spring with the sk kvd magic color and keitch silver flash and pro blue

masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by masterbass » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:26 pm

My favorite is berkley gulp jerk shad

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Had anyone tried ZMan Elaztech soft jerk baits. They are ultra durable, stretchy, and pliable and can be purchased with scent impregnated. I'm definitely trying some on my next vacation trip.

DaveJ

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:01 am

I primarily fish great Lakes smallies so I do every little fine tuning i can to get that bait below the surface.

I got rid of all my Flukes once I saw the damage the 13 "The Jerk". Its a 5 inch soft-plastic jerkbait with 2 cool thick tails that more produce action the entire time the Jerk is in the water. It sinks better that the Zoom and darts similar if not better.

My long distance combo i swear by is 13 Fishing Fuse 7'4"MH EX Fast rod. It is precisly what i need for my soft plastic jerk season. Fantastic for long distance casting, fast actions to snap the bait, and the power to drive a 5/0 Owner hook home a long ways away.

I rig it on a 5/0 extra heavy Owner hook and fish 15 pound flourcarbon line to add sinkage to my jerkbait.
For a little extra movement I tie a Loop know to let the bait shimmy more on the fall.

If i need more sinkage, i drop the rip tip and get the flouro underwater to drag the Jerk down .

I dont like weight hook or jig actions

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:08 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:33 pm
D Shads added to the list :laugh1:
The D as in Deadly
I just got an order in yesterday.

I use them when fishing 10’ or deeper
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:10 am

Decoy W9 hook is outstanding!!
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:40 pm

I only really throw zoom super flukes any more. Change the gauge wire of the hook to change depth. Thin wire for top medium wire for sub surface and heavy super line hooks to keep it down a couple feet.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:49 am

I got two packs of the Deps Sakamata to try this year, one in the standard and one in the heavy which is supposed to get deeper. It has wings on it to help with the glide and keep it down.