Jackall soft plastics any good for dropshot ?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Jackall soft plastics any good for dropshot ?

Post by Jdmbassman » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Are the Jackall soft plastics any good for dropshot ?

I was thinking of getting the following;
Jackall Super Crosstail Shad
Jackall 4” Super Pintail Shad
Jackall Clone Fry.

Let me know your experiences with the above and what would be your favorite dropshot bait and why.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Jackall soft plastics any good for dropshot ?

Post by BucketHunter » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Horrible. Avoid at all costs.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Lol.
BucketHunter wrote:Horrible. Avoid at all costs.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:57 pm

The 4 inch cross tail shad and I-shad are simply two of the best drop shot baits I have used. Can't speak to the other Jackall products but the two I noted above are great.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:58 pm

My biggest fish to date on a drop shot in 5 minutes so I would say yes. Although, you don't need to buy the expensive 'super' crosstail shad, the standard variety floats better and is obviously tasty.

Inspectorlee
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Inspectorlee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:22 am

The crosstail shad is my absolute favorite dropshot lure; purple winnie or ayu are my goto colors. I suggest NOT getting the super crosstail shad or the clone fry. Although they're more realistic looking, I have gotten skunked with them consistently. Fishing them back to back with the regular/plain crosstail shad has proven to me that the regular crosstail shad is much more effective.

I can't quite put my finger on why this is, but the regular crosstail shad is much softer than the other two. The only negative is that the crosstail shad can rip easily due to its softness. Expect maybe 2-3 fish before the nose gets torn. But I usually just wacky rig the torn baits and continue to catch another fish or two before it's time to retire it.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:25 am

Like BucketHunter said, "Avoid at all costs." Especially the 4" Crosstail Shad in Morning Dawn when fishing for smallmouth. It's terrible. :^o

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:28 am

Inspectorlee wrote:The crosstail shad is my absolute favorite dropshot lure; purple winnie or ayu are my goto colors. I suggest NOT getting the super crosstail shad or the clone fry. Although they're more realistic looking, I have gotten skunked with them consistently. Fishing them back to back with the regular/plain crosstail shad has proven to me that the regular crosstail shad is much more effective.

I can't quite put my finger on why this is, but the regular crosstail shad is much softer than the other two. The only negative is that the crosstail shad can rip easily due to its softness. Expect maybe 2-3 fish before the nose gets torn. But I usually just wacky rig the torn baits and continue to catch another fish or two before it's time to retire it.
My experience as well. I pretty much only fish a Roboworm or the Crosstail shad on a dropshot now...

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 am

Teal101 wrote:
Inspectorlee wrote:The crosstail shad is my absolute favorite dropshot lure; purple winnie or ayu are my goto colors. I suggest NOT getting the super crosstail shad or the clone fry. Although they're more realistic looking, I have gotten skunked with them consistently. Fishing them back to back with the regular/plain crosstail shad has proven to me that the regular crosstail shad is much more effective.

My experience as well. I pretty much only fish a Roboworm or the Crosstail shad on a dropshot now...
+2. Tried the twice the cost "realistic" Jackall baits with limited success. I catch fish consistently on the crosstail. I too love the robotworm 4 or 6" straightail worms.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:42 am

We added 4 new colors to the 4" Cross Tail for this year.

jerrylo913
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jerrylo913 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Yes, but they are very expensive and you will have to replace a lure after every fish because they are not durable

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:41 pm

jerrylo913 wrote:Yes, but they are very expensive and you will have to replace a lure after every fish because they are not durable
:-k Not my experience

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:59 pm

I have found the Cross Tail Shad to be very durable.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:40 am

jerrylo913 wrote:Yes, but they are very expensive and you will have to replace a lure after every fish because they are not durable
$4.99 a bag is pretty typical of most plastics give or take a few cents. I usually get 2-3 fish per bait on average. Again pretty typical for soft plastics with lots of action and salt content like GY senkos.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:23 pm

This is like making a thread if the 5" GYB senko is good for wacky worming