GeeCrack

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: GeeCrack

Post by Drakestar » Thu May 19, 2022 10:30 am

LowRange wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:08 am
I've been fishing the slightly cheaper aliexpress knock off bellows gill and I did not like the bait at 1st. Didn't do anything for me when worked through the water column in lake where gills are the primary forage and I get bit on gill baits. Wrote them off and was glad I tried the bait out with the chinease knock off 1st and saved a bit of money on a bait I didn't end up liking. Now this year, on a shad based lake, my big female bite has been running bluegill baits in the shallows over spawning grounds. I decided to give these one more go but in a light 1/8 oz texas rig with the aliexpress 4.1 inch baits I have and sure enough they are getting bit. There is also a TON on that fibrous winter slime that forms over winter that has coated everything and gotten kicked loose by boats and making fishing shallow an absolute pain. This bait on a light texas rig seems to be immune which is a breath of fresh air in addition to being a fish catcher. I'll be getting the real deal and their craws for sure.
I'm still waiting for my Aha! moment with the 3.8" one. Been trying it in ponds weightless and on a light t-rig, but the only bites I've gotten so far have been bluegill ripping the tail off. Plus, it feels like a super slow bait to work (cause it takes a while to glide back down every time it's moved). Reminds me of fishing a c-rig (which always bores me out of my mind). Am I doing it wrong?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu May 19, 2022 10:38 am

Drakestar wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:30 am
LowRange wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:08 am
I've been fishing the slightly cheaper aliexpress knock off bellows gill and I did not like the bait at 1st. Didn't do anything for me when worked through the water column in lake where gills are the primary forage and I get bit on gill baits. Wrote them off and was glad I tried the bait out with the chinease knock off 1st and saved a bit of money on a bait I didn't end up liking. Now this year, on a shad based lake, my big female bite has been running bluegill baits in the shallows over spawning grounds. I decided to give these one more go but in a light 1/8 oz texas rig with the aliexpress 4.1 inch baits I have and sure enough they are getting bit. There is also a TON on that fibrous winter slime that forms over winter that has coated everything and gotten kicked loose by boats and making fishing shallow an absolute pain. This bait on a light texas rig seems to be immune which is a breath of fresh air in addition to being a fish catcher. I'll be getting the real deal and their craws for sure.
I'm still waiting for my Aha! moment with the 3.8" one. Been trying it in ponds weightless and on a light t-rig, but the only bites I've gotten so far have been bluegill ripping the tail off. Plus, it feels like a super slow bait to work (cause it takes a while to glide back down every time it's moved). Reminds me of fishing a c-rig (which always bores me out of my mind). Am I doing it wrong?
I had the exact same complaints about mine. It wasn't until spring in spawning grounds did throwing it click for me and I like the slow fall of the bait. I want it to run across a bed and then dose down in it to trigger bass into killing it. I don't sight fish beds but toss it in the shallows in spring and certainly run across males and females. It skips real well to and can count in it getting hit even when they ignore wacky senkos. They see it as a threat and go for kill on it. If I was going to use it as a search bait in summer I'd rather throw it on a jig head and jig worm it on outside weed lines or use it as a trailer. I would probably drop down to the 3.8 too.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Thu May 19, 2022 10:46 am

Nice, thanks! No sight fishing (or intentional bed fishing) for me, either, but "shallows that should have beds" sounds like a good location description.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon May 23, 2022 9:55 am

These skip really well too. Just use a screw lock hook to keep the nose from sliding down and you're set. They cling to the surface and skip long and flat way back under docks.

Disclaimer:

The bait may or may not fall onto a bed under a dock after being skipped and may or may not look like a nest robber going after eggs.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:34 pm

Has anybody tried the 5.8” Bellows Gill on an offshore C-Rig? I want to try it this weekend anyway so I’ll have some experiences to post, but wondering if anybody has anything to post ahead of me trying it. It’s the kinda spot where you’d throw a 10” worm, and it’s connected to a shallow area. Hoping it’s a good idea, not a fool’s errand.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:42 am

Drakestar wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:34 pm
Has anybody tried the 5.8” Bellows Gill on an offshore C-Rig? I want to try it this weekend anyway so I’ll have some experiences to post, but wondering if anybody has anything to post ahead of me trying it. It’s the kinda spot where you’d throw a 10” worm, and it’s connected to a shallow area. Hoping it’s a good idea, not a fool’s errand.
I have not but I would be interested in your results
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:29 pm

I couldn’t get over the sweaty dirty sock smell. They work, but not so well that I will put up with something that nasty. :sick:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:14 am

toddmc wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:29 pm
I couldn’t get over the sweaty dirty sock smell. They work, but not so well that I will put up with something that nasty. :sick:
:lol:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:12 am

goldrod wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:14 am
toddmc wrote:
I'll probably never spend $10 on a pack of plastics, but do they really smell that bad?

MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MeatHead » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:22 am

Finnz922 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:12 am
goldrod wrote:
toddmc wrote:
I'll probably never spend $10 on a pack of plastics, but do they really smell that bad?
They definitely have a strong odour to them. I don't find they smell like sweaty dirty socks, they smell like Fritos to me. Whatever it is, bass seem to really like it.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:09 am

MeatHead wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:22 am
Finnz922 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:12 am
goldrod wrote:
toddmc wrote:
They definitely have a strong odour to them. I don't find they smell like sweaty dirty socks, they smell like Fritos to me. Whatever it is, bass seem to really like it.
I'm really sensitive to heavy smells. They sure smell that bad to me. I washed the scent off of the baits with Simple Green and they still stunk up the boat. I feel the same way about Powerbait. They better be in a well-sealed freezer bag, or they don't get in my boat!!! :lol:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:34 pm

Heck, I mix other soft plastics inside my Geecrack bags. The more stank the better.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:10 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:34 pm
Heck, I mix other soft plastics inside my Geecrack bags. The more stank the better.
Was fishing with my buddy a few weeks back and he sprays Bang garlic all over his chatterbait, and within a couple casts he hooks into an 18 pound salmon on the CA Delta. Sucker was pulling his 19' boat and ripping drag on 20# fluorocarbon!