Any other worms similar to OSP MMZ worm?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Inspectorlee
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Any other worms similar to OSP MMZ worm?

Post by Inspectorlee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:14 pm

I've really been enjoying using the OSP MMZ worms for largemouth. For those unfamiliar with them, they are an S-shaped plastic worm; they're the most lifelike worm I've seen. I'm throwing them wacky rigged, weightless, and the largemouth, smallmouth, and panfish are going crazy for them. The action on the fall and when I twitch them has proven deadly. My only issue is that the worms are life-size and thus small, making it hard to throw them farther than 20-25 feet. I wish they made a nightcrawler-sized worm but the only sizes offered are leaf or earthworm sized.

Any leads on another manufacturer who makes a similar shaped worm would be appreciated, whether it's a large company or a custom lure maker. It's very possible that the worm's action is a result of its size and by going to a larger worm I may actually lose the subtle action that makes me love them so much. But I'm willing to try a larger size and find out.

MMZ worm: https://osp-lures.com/product/mmz/
Last edited by Inspectorlee on Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Any other worms similar to OSP MMZ worm?

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:01 pm

I haven't come across any similar style worms. I just started using these a few weeks ago. They stink to high hell lol. Expensive too. I double up on them, and strap them together with a 4mm G7 worm tube. I've thrown them on 3/32 oz wacky heads, and also on a free rig with them doubled up like this. They are too thin alone to use with the worm tubes. Now if I could just keep the trout off 😕.