Soooo, GYBC sold

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Soooo, GYBC sold

Post by Johnny A » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:29 pm

Will there be a drop in quality? What do you think?

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Soooo, GYBC sold

Post by Bronzeye » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:10 pm

Well, the buyer evidently figured the enterprise is worth its salt. So no.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:09 am

Quite a few people on FB aren’t too happy about it!

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 am

Gary is supposed to stick around for a while. His operation is very basic from the videos that I have seen on his site over the years. I assume that the buyer will be using the same machines. So, probably no drop in quality, but maybe innovation. My friends that pour worms are saying that the products used to pour worms are changing and hard to get. This may be an issue for GYCB also.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:23 am

toddmc wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 am
Gary is supposed to stick around for a while. His operation is very basic from the videos that I have seen on his site over the years. I assume that the buyer will be using the same machines. So, probably no drop in quality, but maybe innovation. My friends that pour worms are saying that the products used to pour worms are changing and hard to get. This may be an issue for GYCB also.
I’ve noticed or just maybe over-noticed a drop in product line, not just COVID related product availability. Like something was going on.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:14 am

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:23 am
toddmc wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 am
I’ve noticed or just maybe over-noticed a drop in product line, not just COVID related product availability. Like something was going on.
My local tackle shop seems to think that it is really tough to get worm pouring supplies right now. I would guess that GYCB is also feeling the supply chain blues. It has been harder to get many kinds of plastics.