Jackall FIVOSS

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Jackall FIVOSS

Post by goldrod » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:19 pm

TbH soft plastic lures cost too much when coming from overseas but every now and again you find a gem that’s worth the coin.
However it’s not only the cost of admission that makes me shy away from jdm plastics it’s the frailty of the bait.

In preparation for some much needed time tomorrow I went out today to synchronize
I brought the jackall fivoss and it’s far different than a lot of the same shaped baits. I have to say this is my nr3 of all the jdm plastics I’ve tried. Try a bag you won’t regret it
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Jackall FIVOSS

Post by Firstoutfisher » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:55 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:19 pm
TbH soft plastic lures cost too much when coming from overseas but every now and again you find a gem that’s worth the coin.
However it’s not only the cost of admission that makes me shy away from jdm plastics it’s the frailty of the bait.

In preparation for some much needed time tomorrow I went out today to synchronize
I brought the jackall fivoss and it’s far different than a lot of the same shaped baits. I have to say this is my nr3 of all the jdm plastics I’ve tried. Try a bag you won’t regret it
I like the looks of that fivoss. I too feel the same way about JDM plastics. The bluegill style soft plastics seem to be a trend that hasn't hit the states quite yet and I've really been wanting to try them. The fivoss is like a bluegill style soft plastic if it had a baby with a beaver bait. Looks awesome.

How have you been rigging the fivoss and what size?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:02 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:55 pm
goldrod wrote:

I like the looks of that fivoss. I too feel the same way about JDM plastics. The bluegill style soft plastics seem to be a trend that hasn't hit the states quite yet and I've really been wanting to try them. The fivoss is like a bluegill style soft plastic if it had a baby with a beaver bait. Looks awesome.

I will have to get the exact size but I am using them as a trig or weightless..
Both have been great.. When Trig, I was in clear water and it has great action when popped off the bottom..
I'll post some pics when I get time.. I tried them on a whim.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:43 pm

Forgive me for the delay but I can assure you that I've fished this enough to say

I love it and it really out produces alot of beaver style baits.. Its not too fragile but I am using a flipping hook by Ichikawa Fishing TS-3 Flippin’ Hook. I'm using a pegged 3/16oz tungsten weight and because the bait sinks rather quickly without weight the wieght doesnt effect the action of the bait. When I' get bit its like the fish are stomping on it or its just moving.. I love the gliding that the bait does and when i am on the bottom Im moving it very slow like 1/2 inch at a time..
dont know if its worth the price but I love it. and will get more.

CodyNeely11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CodyNeely11 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:48 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:43 pm
Forgive me for the delay but I can assure you that I've fished this enough to say

I love it and it really out produces alot of beaver style baits.. Its not too fragile but I am using a flipping hook by Ichikawa Fishing TS-3 Flippin’ Hook. I'm using a pegged 3/16oz tungsten weight and because the bait sinks rather quickly without weight the wieght doesnt effect the action of the bait. When I' get bit its like the fish are stomping on it or its just moving.. I love the gliding that the bait does and when i am on the bottom Im moving it very slow like 1/2 inch at a time..
dont know if its worth the price but I love it. and will get more.
I really like the look. Best place to get them? They kinda remind me of the OSP dolive beavers

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:33 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:02 pm
Firstoutfisher wrote:
goldrod wrote:

I will have to get the exact size but I am using them as a trig or weightless..
Both have been great.. When Trig, I was in clear water and it has great action when popped off the bottom..
I'll post some pics when I get time.. I tried them on a whim.
Attachments
mo3.jpeg
mo3.jpeg (112.51 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
m02.jpeg
m02.jpeg (120.96 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
mo1.jpeg
mo1.jpeg (118.46 KiB) Viewed 1983 times

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:40 am

Firstoutfisher wrote:

The Geecrack Bellows Gill is readily available stateside and is money for a bluegill style bait. Also, the Deps Bullflat is one to check out. Rig with a screwlock type hook and it will last for more fish. Both baits are working for me as I try to figure out how to use the "free rig" well.

As for the Fivoss, the small ones--3", I will use on a small jig head like a ned rig. With the bigger sizes I have used a traditional t-rig. Bait has a different glide through the water.