Aliexpress Knock Off Plastics

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Aliexpress Knock Off Plastics

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:51 am

Got suggested a few different plastics on Aliexpress. There is a Geecrack imitator, a few micro sized Grandebass Rattlesnake style lures, etc. Anyone tried any of these? Seem to be fair priced. I think the smallest crappie sized plastics should be great, as long as they aren't super stiff.

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Aliexpress Knock Off Plastics

Post by zalan » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:40 pm

I do not know the exact baits you talk about, but here in EU, specially the eastern part the Aliexpress soft baits are popular.

Generally speaking it is more difficult to copy a soft bait than the hard baits. There are a million different copies on the site, some are nice, some are pretty poor. The difference between two copies of the same lure can be huge, depending on who is doing that. What you can expect is that most maker will not notice the subtle things on the baits. For example there are million copies of the Pontoon 21 Awaruna there, the original is a floating soft plastic, but I yet to see a copy that does that. It is still popular here as even the copies are good Zander lures, but the makers usually miss these kind of details.

If your friends like a certain bait, you can go ahead and order as it will likely be a decent bait. Just keep in mind that these are budget baits and only worth getting if they are significantly cheaper than the originals.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:45 am

I used some. They are pretty decent. Tsurinoya is the brand I have used the most
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Texas-Rigged
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Texas-Rigged » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:42 am

2 words:

JACKY HAMMAR :shock: :-k ;)

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:44 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:51 am
Got suggested a few different plastics on Aliexpress. There is a Geecrack imitator, a few micro sized Grandebass Rattlesnake style lures, etc. Anyone tried any of these? Seem to be fair priced. I think the smallest crappie sized plastics should be great, as long as they aren't super stiff.
I've used the knock off big zipper beaver/gill green crack thing. I just wanted to try it out and I don't like the action. I don't think anything is wrong with the knock off but that it's a do nothing bait. I'd rather fish a Berkley Gilly. A dying blugill floundering on its side is what I am going for and a sideways Gilly looks way better in the water.

That said I like some aliexpress plastics. I use a floating plastic hellgrammite as one of my ned rig favorites. I had some beaver baits years ago that caught fish. I'll be adding more of their baits this year from the same brand as the floating hellgrammites as well as more of that bait.

US $1.73 37%OFF | 2021 New Zaza Larva soft lure75mm/50mm Floating Freshwater Swimbaits Silicone Soft Bait Worm For Fishing
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtlL4NE

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:06 am

Texas-Rigged wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:42 am
2 words:

JACKY HAMMAR :shock: :-k ;)
Just saw your post and looked these up, not half bad looking knock offs there!!! Bunch of the reviews are good too. For under $4 I want to try a few of them. The hook and snap quality would be my big questions...

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:35 am

LowRange wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:44 pm

That said I like some aliexpress plastics. I use a floating plastic hellgrammite as one of my ned rig favorites. I had some beaver baits years ago that caught fish. I'll be adding more of their baits this year from the same brand as the floating hellgrammites as well as more of that bait.
Got a link to that hellgrammite? I've been looking for a floater for a while.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:09 am

adam lancia wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:35 am
LowRange wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:44 pm

Got a link to that hellgrammite? I've been looking for a floater for a while.
Its linked in that post

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu May 19, 2022 5:51 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:51 am
I've been fishing the 4.1 in bellows gill knock off. Prices aren't really any better at $3.00 for a 2 pack but I just wanted to try them out and I like the watermelon back orange belly metal flake color they have that geecrack does not. I like them and will buy the geecracks now but I'll also get more of that color I like on the chinease knock offs because that's what I have been getting bit on and I have confidence in them. Honestly just buy the geecracks unless they are sold out or there is a color that catches your eye with the aliexpress ones. I liked that green back orange belly ones because it looks like a sunfish and I wanted something to throw on a light texas rig across beds. Been getting my rod yanked hard as they try to kill the bait then drop it. Sometimes they pick it back up and then it's big female on.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:07 pm

They changed the plastisol on the B&U Bellowsgill knock offs. They are way more stiff. My 1st pack was bought a few years ago and those baits were super soft and elastic. These new baits are stiff as a board. Probably more durable though. I'll just buy the real deal then. I just liked that orange belly color B&U has.