Arkansas Shiner Twitchbait (Jerk bait)

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Reverendo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Arkansas Shiner Twitchbait (Jerk bait)

Post by Reverendo » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:04 pm

I see that there’s a great variation in the color schemes under the color pattern of Arkansas shiner. Years ago I would use an Arkansas shiner that had a pearl belly and a brownish green top. Today I’m seeing a brownish green top but the bottom a darker earth tone with little contrast between the belly and top. Where can I find the original lighter version of Arkansas shiner in a 4-5 inch jerkbait? Zoom baits used to carry them but for some reason they’ve changed the color pattern to the darker version.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Arkansas Shiner Twitchbait (Jerk bait)

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:08 pm

Reverendo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:04 pm
I see that there’s a great variation in the color schemes under the color pattern of Arkansas shiner. Years ago I would use an Arkansas shiner that had a pearl belly and a brownish green top. Today I’m seeing a brownish green top but the bottom a darker earth tone with little contrast between the belly and top. Where can I find the original lighter version of Arkansas shiner in a 4-5 inch jerkbait? Zoom baits used to carry them but for some reason they’ve changed the color pattern to the darker version.
Don't think I have an answer for you unfortunately, but I am from Arkansas and have seen similar. Anyone who doubts it can just google the color and you will see variation even in Zoom's lineup. I will say internet pictures can be deceiving at times though.

Texas-Rigged
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Texas-Rigged » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:00 am

This might work for you:

https://slayerinc.com/product/venice-g ... -5-inches/

I use their paddletails for inshore fishing mainly but I frequent brackish water that has a few bass too. I’m sure the flukes would work. Their version of Arkansas shiner(Venice Glow) has that old look to it you were speaking of and the belly glows :lol: Soft and durable, maybe a tad stiffer than some bass plastic tails. I believe some of that dark color is from too much bleed over from the injection, as you can see it in the photo. Not as bad as Zooms though. It has that almost motor oil green shift effect coloration and the fish love it.
Plus the company name:SLAYER INC. :evil: :evil: =D> \:D/ :big grin:

Reverendo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reverendo » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:23 am

That's the one! Thanks

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:45 pm

Lunker City. The original Sluggo, Freaky Fish (pictured below), and a few others as well. They still make great baits...
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lunker_ ... -LCFF.html
7E93FEE9-9582-4D88-8F2B-2AE4D05E15B5.jpeg
7E93FEE9-9582-4D88-8F2B-2AE4D05E15B5.jpeg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 2902 times