Elaztech

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Elaztech

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:43 pm

What happened to all the Z Man Elaztech soft baits?
Since Strike King began offering their Elaztech worm, it seems like Z Man has cut way back on their Elaztech line.
And Strike King has a very limited worm line now, too.

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Elaztech

Post by oops » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:07 pm

I'm not aware of any of their products being discontinued? They showed a few new colors and a whole new micro size line of baits during icast this week as well

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:11 pm

They are much bigger in the saltwater world, I barely fish with anything zman in fresh, but I fish a ton of their plastics in the salt. Their thing now in the freshwater world seems to be geared more towards ned rigging.

eyra_kid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eyra_kid » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:55 am

I've been a Z-Man staffer for 10+ years. Not paid, but not a 40 percenter. I'm not a gifted promoter, but I dam sure like to talk baits.
Z-Man has always made the Elaztec baits for Strike King, even before putting their own brand on them. They've discontinued a few of my favorite models and colors over the years, but seem to keep expanding the lineup. HellaCrawZ and SMH Worm are two recent ones I recall. Definitely a lot of variations in the Ned rig too. As oops mentioned, the panfish line has been requested for quite a few years, and those came out at ICAST.

Curious what baits you're not seeing, Marc?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:47 am

This material has been around for years. I used to use terminator snap back plastics in the early 2000s then strike king 3X plastics before Zman used it as their elaztech. There was a number of years where it wasn't on the US market until Zman reintroduced the material. I think the popularity of EWG hooks helped the material finally gain a market hold. Anyways, I like the stuff too and it's not going anywhere.

I used to be amazed by this material because it made the softest baits with the most action that also would float while being the most durable material possible. They would react and melt other baits and also had issues with hook penetration because the material would stretch around the hook point rather than let it pierce it. The Zman material has salt in it that let's hook points pass through which was a game changer. Glad to see this stuff finally get established on the market.

http://www.anglerguide.com/articles/536.html

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:18 am

eyra_kid wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:55 am
I've been a Z-Man staffer for 10+ years. Not paid, but not a 40 percenter. I'm not a gifted promoter, but I dam sure like to talk baits.
Z-Man has always made the Elaztec baits for Strike King, even before putting their own brand on them. They've discontinued a few of my favorite models and colors over the years, but seem to keep expanding the lineup. HellaCrawZ and SMH Worm are two recent ones I recall. Definitely a lot of variations in the Ned rig too. As oops mentioned, the panfish line has been requested for quite a few years, and those came out at ICAST.

I seem to remember, back when Zman first started their Elaztech baits, they had a 6-7 inch straight worm. I remember that worm was what they used to show how stretchy Elaztech was. I finally wanted to try them, but now I can't find them.

eyra_kid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eyra_kid » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:33 am

mark poulson wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:18 am
eyra_kid wrote:

I seem to remember, back when Zman first started their Elaztech baits, they had a 6-7 inch straight worm. I remember that worm was what they used to show how stretchy Elaztech was. I finally wanted to try them, but now I can't find them.
They are still available. They offer a 4" and a 7" version. Different profile. https://zmanfishing.com/store/categorie ... rmz/size:1

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Z-Man_F ... ANFNW.html

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:50 pm

eyra_kid wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:33 am
mark poulson wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:18 am
eyra_kid wrote:

They are still available. They offer a 4" and a 7" version. Different profile. https://zmanfishing.com/store/categorie ... rmz/size:1

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Z-Man_F ... ANFNW.html
Thank you.