Favorite brown jig trailer

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
lunkerrr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Favorite brown jig trailer

Post by lunkerrr » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:14 am

Looking for a true brown jig trailer. Not PB & J. Too hard to tell from pictures on websites which ones are green pumpkin and which ones are true brown. And of course they always have names that don’t tell you the actual color. Anyone got any true brown trailers? thanks

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Favorite brown jig trailer

Post by smalljaw » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:45 am

Zoom Super Chunk comes in plain brown. I have the same issue which is why I usually have to have the custom soft plastic guys make me brown trailers. Plain brown or brown with black flake, I can find skirt tabs in that color but not many jig trailers.
Barlow's Tackle

lunkerrr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lunkerrr » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:05 am

Thanks. Ya brown or brown flake would work. Same, have brown jigs and skirts. Hard to believe there aren’t more brown trailers out there

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:22 pm

Does the Reaction Innovations color "Honey Doo Doo" work or is that shade of brown too light for you? (On the Sweet Beaver, for example.) It is a true brown with black flakes.

lunkerrr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lunkerrr » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:13 am

That’s definitely what I’m looking for. Never noticed that color before. Thanks

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:11 am

I’m weird and use straight tail worms for jig trailers. Roboworm makes a Ned worm in a color called Desert craw that is brown with an orange belly that is super effective for me.