Favorite worm hook for -

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Favorite worm hook for -

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:21 pm

Carolina rigging 4 and 5 inch finesse and standard size worms?

Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Favorite worm hook for -

Post by Bbrotz » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:46 pm

I like the roboworm rebarb hook. It’s a Gamakatsu hook and either comes in a light or medium wire

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:28 pm

Bbrotz wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:46 pm
I like the roboworm rebarb hook. It’s a Gamakatsu hook and either comes in a light or medium wire
Yes, I like them as well

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:44 am

The Rebarb is a great hook, and there are several finesse hooks with keepers available these days from all the major manufacturers. That said, I pretty much always use a 1/0 offset worm hook (not round bend) with regular wire. My favorite were Daiichi because they have great points, small barbs, and strong wire for its diameter, and fortunately, I still have a bunch of them, but any quality hook of this style will do. I should mention that I believe strongly in reel setting with C-rigs since the weight creates slack and odd pulling angles with a conventional hookset. Since my hooks work pretty much every time for that technique, I haven't bothered to try other hooks.