Iovino phasing out?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
NOLRAMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Iovino phasing out?

Post by NOLRAMB » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:41 am

I've noticed Iovino plastics have recently been on sale at a few places along with color and style availability slowly being phased out from supplier stock.

I still have a plethora of Iovino plastics, a borderline insane amount in fact, but it's still concerning I'm seeing reduced availability since at times of the year some of Don's plastics are unbeatable in the California reservoirs.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Iovino phasing out?

Post by toddmc » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:14 am

Don is probably at the age where he doesn't have the energy to be the constant salesman anymore. He is pretty easy to contact. I used to order directly from him. I also used to take the bulk Dezyner plastics that Don would sell to the Turner's Outdoorsman that I worked at and package them in 10 bags. We sold a lot more because of this. He loved it. I've still got bags and bags of Dezyner and other hand pour plastics from the 80's and 90's. The colors will fade and bleed a little, but they still catch fish. I won quite of bit of money on his reverse green weenie and rhythm and blues back in the day. According to BassResource, the girl that pours his plastics has retired.

NOLRAMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NOLRAMB » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:43 am

I have noticed they do bleed, I have them all separated by color in storage.

From what I heard the girl pouring his plastics had a close family member with serious health problems, hopefully he finds and can train someone else to take over the business.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:44 am

NOLRAMB wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:43 am

From what I heard the girl pouring his plastics had a close family member with serious health problems, hopefully he finds and can train someone else to take over the business.
I don't think that there is a lot of money in hand poured plastics anymore. My friends that do it keep complaining about the cost. The materials have gotten more expensive and it's not fun to do. I only thing that I pour are jigheads that are custom to me.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:50 am

toddmc wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:44 am
NOLRAMB wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:43 am

I don't think that there is a lot of money in hand poured plastics anymore. My friends that do it keep complaining about the cost. The materials have gotten more expensive and it's not fun to do. I only thing that I pour are jigheads that are custom to me.
It's a labor of love.