Jackall cover craw HELP!!

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Jackall cover craw HELP!!

Post by KillaBass » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:01 pm

I have just a few of these Jackall cover craws left. I do not see them on tackle warehouse anymore or jackall websites. Anyone know what happened?
https://www.youtube.com/@KeePReeLing

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Jackall cover craw HELP!!

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:46 pm

I'm pretty sure they were discontinued, at least in the US. I see a healthy supply in a couple of shops in JP. Buy enough of them and you will cover the shipping and pay about the same price as the US.

KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KillaBass » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:10 pm

Gotcha
https://www.youtube.com/@KeePReeLing

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:48 am

Might also consider alternatives from this thread: http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=88447

I don't think the Jackall Driftcraw replaces the Cover Craw 1-to-1, but it's a proven to be a great bait if you don't mind importing it. And then Keitech Salty Core Tube, as mentioned in the thread.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:57 pm

I've used Cover Craw for many years. When I found they were on Close Out Sale at TackleWarehouse last year, I bought a dozen packs. It was too bad that they didn't have bigger ones. To me, the bigger ones worked well as back glide / weightless thing. The smaller ones worked well by just doing a regular Texas rig. It was one of the only two soft baits I have used so far in this year (the other one is Yamamoto Fat Ika).

I wanted to buy the larger one, because I lost my last one a couple of months ago. I started searching. Looks like Jackall is still selling it in Japan (looks like updated version), but it's not available in the US. I've also checked on eBay, and most of them were from Japan or Singapore (or somewhere). And, they're asking more $$ than I'm willing to pay for the soft baits, mostly because of the shipping, I guess.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:11 am

Last pack I got was the grande cover craw off asian fish portal. I use a screw lock hook and open the keeper for the hook to encourage the hook to un-clip from the hook rather than pull the keeper out of the plastic. This preserves the nose and I fish them until all appendages are gone from fish or skipping. They still work but continuing them as a back gliding hotdog chunk messes with me. Makes me question things. My new hotness is the Jackall hole flick. It's a wacky back gliding worm.