How often does your local club have Tourneys ?

Share your success or frustration in the competitive side of fishing.
518bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: How often does your local club have Tourneys ?

Post by 518bassin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:53 pm

aclark609 wrote:Once it gets it hot, we'll have tournaments every friday night until fall.
Thank you very much for all the feedback :D

spotsucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by spotsucker » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:37 am

Southern Ontario Canada has about 5 summer tournaments , staring after the last Sat. in June and a 2 day classic around Labor Day

Andy

518bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 518bassin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:12 pm

spotsucker wrote:Southern Ontario Canada has about 5 summer tournaments , staring after the last Sat. in June and a 2 day classic around Labor Day

Andy
Thanks for the post Andy. I guess us northern boys have it rough huh ?

BASSPUNK
Angler
Angler

Post by BASSPUNK » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:39 am

518bassin wrote:I have been thinking of joining the local bass club for a couple of years as a co-angler for the competition but they only have like 5 "points" tournaments a season. That just doesnt seem like enough to me. For example there schedule this year is 1 tourney in June, 1 in July, 1 in August, 2 the first 2 weeks of September, and then the championship 1st week of October. I would think that being as though your in a bass club you actually LIKE to fish so why not have more tournaments? I am crazy or stupid ? I realize we have a way shorter season up here but how many tourneys do you guys have in your clubs per season ?

I am from the 518 myself and fish in the NY TBF, it seams the reason some of the clubs have a limited # of tournaments is so that the members can fish other trails as well. It becomes very difficult at times when making tournament schedules not to over lap them with different trails. Let me know if you have any questions about getting into some tournaments around here, I just started doing them as a co angler the last couple years and it has been priceless!

Tim Baker
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:50 pm

I am a member of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters. We are in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Our chapter holds 5 bass tournaments per season. We also do a "pre-season" multi-species tournament in early June.
We spread the dates out from July to Oct to accomodate our members fishing other local & Provincial tournaments & events.
Each of our 5 events are "points" tournaments and at the end of the season we crown an " Angler of the Year".

Tim

basskeeter1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basskeeter1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:19 am

My club has one every month on the third Saturday except for December which the TOC takes place. 11 tournaments total and 12 if you qaulify.

Hyintegrity
Angler
Angler

Post by Hyintegrity » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 am

My club that's affiliated with BASS, (Wisconsin Bass Nation).

We currently hold 8 tournament days that range from May through September.

With the short season in Wisconsin it's tough to do more tournament days than that.