Attending ELITE event - tips/info?

Share your success or frustration in the competitive side of fishing.
78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Attending ELITE event - tips/info?

Post by 78Staff » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:24 am

Looks like an Elite event is going to be down the road (St. Johns River) in a few weeks... Looking online at bassmasters.com they really don't have a lot of information out there, ie schedule, ramps, weigh-in, etc. Maybe it's too early but since only two weeks away I figured they would have some info. Unless I am not looking in the right place.

Any tips for attending? I understand it's not the production of the Classic, but is worthwhile, ie do they have boat shows, exhibits, seminars, meet-n-greets, etc to attend during the day, or is it just blast off and come back later to watch the weigh ins?

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Attending ELITE event - tips/info?

Post by 78Staff » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:09 pm

So know one has been to an Elite series tourney? [-(

Finally found some info, bassmaster site posted some info this week, also found a PDF online, probably meant more for competitors than spectators, but it listed all the pre-event check-in, meetings, etc as well as launch info, weigh in sites, etc. Doesn't really mention anything about activities, boat show, etc although I did hear they have several boat sponsors doing demo rides. Buddy was down their earlier this week said it's thick with logo'd boats, practice rounds ongoing I reckon.

Probably going to head down Sun - would prefer to go Sat since many more anglers that day but have a previous commitment.