Mike Long

Share your success or frustration in the competitive side of fishing.
Post Reply
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:38 am

Mike Long

Post by lifeofRiley » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:33 am

With Mike being exposed as a a cheater and con-man, what has happened to him? I feel sorry for all those in Cali he scamed derby winnings off of.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Mike Long

Post by eklikewhoa » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 am

I'm sure he adapted to his new life easily

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4712
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: Mike Long

Post by bronzefly » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:45 am

Politics would probably be a good career choice at this point...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4485
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: In the "Heart of Dixie"

Re: Mike Long

Post by Johnny A » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 am

This is actually isn’t “News”, it’s quite old.

Jes’ sayin’ :whistle:

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1872
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Mike Long

Post by toddmc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:15 am

He likes hiking and the outdoors. His website had more than just fishing. Mike is a freaky case of someone wanting desperately to be liked and famous. What makes me laugh about Mike is that SoCal is sad when it comes to tournaments anyway. Our lakes are too small for most full field pro tournaments, and our team tournaments often only have a few dozen boats. There is too much other stuff to do here. Bass fishing is not king, like in other areas of the country. The guys that win our derbies on my home lake(DVL) catch 30-35 pound bags most every weekend in the spring, and barely win $2,000 for the team because there is only a couple dozen boats entered. A state like Texas, or somewhere in the south, would have a couple hundred boats for the smallest derby if bags like that are regularly capable. If you want to be rich and famous for bass fishing, you should most likely get the heck out of CA. You are just another face in the crowd here. His failure may have been destined from the start because of his location.
I like to see guys have successful websites when they put in the work (Tactical Bassin/Big Bass Dreams), but that market seems saturated at this point. I want to see someone with proven pro results that fishes the lakes that I fish also. I'm not watching Matt and Tim much since they made the move out of CA. I watched them before mostly because I fish Clear Lake.
Last edited by toddmc on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:38 am

Re: Mike Long

Post by lifeofRiley » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 am
This is actually isn’t “News”, it’s quite old.

Jes’ sayin’ :whistle:
As far as him being a cheat your are 100% right and if you read my post I wasn't saying anything new. I was just wondering what happened "after the dust settled." I suppose living a life in seclusion of fishing now that the world knows he is and has always been a fraud to the highest level.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:38 am

Re: Mike Long

Post by lifeofRiley » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:16 pm

toddmc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:15 am

I like to see guys have successful websites when they put in the work (Tactical Bassin/Big Bass Dreams), but that market seems saturated at this point. I want to see someone with proven pro results that fishes the lakes that I fish also. I'm not watching Matt and Tim much since they made the move out of CA. I watched them before mostly because I fish Clear Lake.
Where did Matt and Tim move to? I haven't kept up with their videos. Good content but always seemed like really elementary info from my perspective. I can see it being valuable if you're really green. And I always wondered if they are a couple.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: Mike Long

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:14 am

bronzefly wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:45 am
Politics would probably be a good career choice at this point...
:lol:

User avatar
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4485
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: In the "Heart of Dixie"

Re: Mike Long

Post by Johnny A » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:20 am

lifeofRiley wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 pm
Johnny A wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 am
This is actually isn’t “News”, it’s quite old.

Jes’ sayin’ :whistle:
As far as him being a cheat your are 100% right and if you read my post I wasn't saying anything new. I was just wondering what happened "after the dust settled." I suppose living a life in seclusion of fishing now that the world knows he is and has always been a fraud to the highest level.
I read it your post, that’s why I commented. Guys like him never really face the music because of idol worship. How many times were people like Roland Martin, Jimmy Houston, Bill Dance and others had their reputations dragged through the mud for supposed infractions against humanity?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1872
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Mike Long

Post by toddmc » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:10 am

lifeofRiley wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:16 pm
toddmc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:15 am

I like to see guys have successful websites when they put in the work (Tactical Bassin/Big Bass Dreams), but that market seems saturated at this point. I want to see someone with proven pro results that fishes the lakes that I fish also. I'm not watching Matt and Tim much since they made the move out of CA. I watched them before mostly because I fish Clear Lake.
Where did Matt and Tim move to? I haven't kept up with their videos. Good content but always seemed like really elementary info from my perspective. I can see it being valuable if you're really green. And I always wondered if they are a couple.
They moved their families to Chickamauga Tennessee. It is more central for them because they are travelling and fishing across the country so much.

Post Reply