BlueSky Boatworks Catamaran styled . . . kayak?

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

BlueSky Boatworks Catamaran styled . . . kayak?

Post by Brad in Texas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 am

I've done a few reviews here, some neat innovations coming to the market. This one, a cat-styled kayak, has almost nothing innovative but seems to "bring it all together" in one fishing vessel. If it truly comes in priced around $3500, it could be a winner in at least a small segment of kayak fishing.

Bring what together?

Well,
1) it has a 360 degree swiveling chair, this, and a deck space meant for standing and moving around;
2) it has mounting areas for gas powered motors and TMs (or both), two areas really;
3) additional rods and gear can be stored inside the two hulls;
4) plenty of room around its deck (behind the seat) for storage;
5) two rudders, one for each hull;
6) a pedal drive comes standard (Jackson Kayak's new system);
7) and, wheels that drop down/ lift up for carting it on and off the water.

Just to add some more information here, the vessel can be quickly disassembled for carrying it in pieces, say, even potentially car-topping it. Transportation is a big deal! And, if you live in an apartment, you could pull this thing apart and store it inside. No garage required.

This vessel might be a top choice to head out fishing deeper water in lakes owing to its width (48"). Its draft is also very shallow, I think just a few inches. So, it'll work well in shallow water, too. This could be a blast fishing for white bass in deep water, catfish, vertical fishing in deep water, standing and casting power baits.

This might be an interesting boat to pair up with the new Tohatsu 5HP Propane outboard motor. It has plenty of room to carry a large propane tank. Once you arrive at a destination, one could sit in the high seat and use your feet to pedal around. Or, forget the outboard and used just a TM. Too, an electric unit has been designed to snap into place to run the pedals.

Pretty cool! I look forward to seeing the actual release and then some videos by anglers, their impressions.

Anyway, lots of options.

Brad

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: BlueSky Boatworks Catamaran styled . . . kayak?

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Now this vessel seriously peeks my interest. Stability of a pontoon, open deck, swivel seat, and a pedal drive. Do you have any links to more literature? Web browser, engaged.
Thanks for sharing

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: BlueSky Boatworks Catamaran styled . . . kayak?

Post by Brad in Texas » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm

I'd watch the video Robert Field posted several months ago on YouTube.

This thing could really have "range" in fishing applications. If it'll fit on a truck and roll down to the water, that, or disassemble really fast, it should attract an audience.

I may get one. I must stand to fish at least the bulk of the time. I would also like to fish deeper water and this would make me feel more secure.

Link below!

Cheers! Brad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68FotzU3Kk