Battery Setup for Helix 7

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Battery Setup for Helix 7

Post by Poisson » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:35 am

I just purchased a Helix 7 SI G2 and now I'm looking at batteries and battery boxes. I have a Topwater 120 PDL and I think I'd prefer to have the battery under the front hatch instead of mounted on a side rail.

Are there any particular products/configurations that you'd recommend? Will some of the cheaper battery options give me enough juice for a day on the water?

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Battery Setup for Helix 7

Post by Craiger12 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:04 pm

I highly recommend going with the Nacqua. Obviously expensive, but worth it IMO at least. Super small and easy to put just about anywhere. Also, super easy charging with the supplied charger. I have been using the 10Ah with my Helix 7 for 2 years without any issues at all.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:40 am

Poisson wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:35 am
I just purchased a Helix 7 SI G2 and now I'm looking at batteries and battery boxes. I have a Topwater 120 PDL and I think I'd prefer to have the battery under the front hatch instead of mounted on a side rail.

Are there any particular products/configurations that you'd recommend? Will some of the cheaper battery options give me enough juice for a day on the water?
Im a little late to the party on this one.. are you talking about a boat or something else?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Poisson » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Craiger12 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:04 pm
I highly recommend going with the Nacqua. Obviously expensive, but worth it IMO at least. Super small and easy to put just about anywhere. Also, super easy charging with the supplied charger. I have been using the 10Ah with my Helix 7 for 2 years without any issues at all.
Thanks for the feedback! Saw the Nacqua on Austin Kayak, I will go back and give it a closer look.

Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Poisson » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:45 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:40 am
Poisson wrote:

Im a little late to the party on this one.. are you talking about a boat or something else?
Kayak - there are products like the YakAttack CellBlok that have the battery up on one side via track mount, but I'm looking for something easy/safe to set up inside the hull.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:55 pm

Poisson wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:45 pm
goldrod wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:40 am
Poisson wrote:

Kayak - there are products like the YakAttack CellBlok that have the battery up on one side via track mount, but I'm looking for something easy/safe to set up inside the hull.

No worries
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by scrapiron » Wed May 20, 2020 10:10 am

Just got the Nocqua 10ah... replacing a sealed 7ah.. about half the weight and don't need a waterpoof box. Will sit in a tray under a hatch. Looking forward to it.

*I did get one from a local seller but it didn't have the new 2020 charger- which is a big improvement. returned it (looked at it in my car) and ordered one from Nocqua. Got it in 2 days.

prybis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by prybis » Wed May 20, 2020 11:59 am

I use the Nocqua 10ah with my Helix SI G2N. I have mine in my dry pod of the Bonafide SS127.
Mike P.