Micro Power Pole

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Micro Power Pole

Post by John G » Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 pm

I searched the word Micro and the last post about the Micro Power Pole was almost 3 years ago. I’m thinking about getting one for my 15’ Jon because it’s cheaper than an Ultrex and manually dropping an anchor is getting old fast. How do you like the MPP? Is reliability an issue?

prybis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Micro Power Pole

Post by prybis » Tue May 26, 2020 3:30 am

I don't have any experience with either system you are talking about. Thought I would offer another option. Have you looked at the Anchor Wizard? I have one on my kayak I love it. Just loosen the handle and the anchor drops. Turn the handle to lift anchor. I use a 7# pyramid anchor and don't have any problems lifting it back up. Plus you don't have to worry about the pole sticking up in the air if you are trying to get into tight spots.
Mike P.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:54 am

I have a micro on my kayak. It’s something you don’t think is that important until you have it, and then you can’t fish without it. Reliability has been decent, I have gotten around 2 years out of one before it breaks and their great customer service sends me a new one. That’s well over 400 trips with one in a saltwater environment. The remote can be touchy and start having minor issues like double tap won’t always drop the pole, but that’s pretty minor. Really wish there was a better way to clean the inside of the unit, as mud and sand really likes to build up around the rollers. Overall, I’ve been very happy with my purchase.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Tue May 26, 2020 11:16 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:54 am
I have a micro on my kayak. It’s something you don’t think is that important until you have it, and then you can’t fish without it. Reliability has been decent, I have gotten around 2 years out of one before it breaks and their great customer service sends me a new one. That’s well over 400 trips with one in a saltwater environment. The remote can be touchy and start having minor issues like double tap won’t always drop the pole, but that’s pretty minor. Really wish there was a better way to clean the inside of the unit, as mud and sand really likes to build up around the rollers. Overall, I’ve been very happy with my purchase.
That is some good information. Mine will never see salt water. I live three miles from the Gulf of Mexico but I will never take my Jon in SW for a couple of different reasons. I heard about corrosion in the plug but I figured that’s no big deal as it will be unplugged after each use. I’m just looking for a much more convenient way to anchor in one spot and the MPP sounds like it will get that done no problem. Thank you