Bump Board Holder

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
Sterfry26
Angler
Angler

Bump Board Holder

Post by Sterfry26 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:23 pm

I currently fishing from a Hobie PA-12. I fish some yak tournaments and I love it to death. Now that the lakes here are frozen I am patiently waiting for the tourney season to start. The only thing I am annoyed with is the bump board. Has anyone found a fantastic way to store and easily deploy the bump board? I am thinking about whipping up cad and going to work. Figured I'd ask here first before I dive in.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Bump Board Holder

Post by LowRange » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 am

Sterfry26 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:23 pm
I currently fishing from a Hobie PA-12. I fish some yak tournaments and I love it to death. Now that the lakes here are frozen I am patiently waiting for the tourney season to start. The only thing I am annoyed with is the bump board. Has anyone found a fantastic way to store and easily deploy the bump board? I am thinking about whipping up cad and going to work. Figured I'd ask here first before I dive in.
Mine is some Rapala brand thing that comes with a holder I have fixed to the inside of a rod locker on my boat. I imagine it can be mounted to a yak just the same. I used double sided gorilla tape because I didn't want to drill holes. Not sure how tape will grab to plastic. Same stuff holds my fender flares on my daily driver though and those wont come off without destroying them in the process.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210727-094722_Photos_copy_539x824.jpg
Screenshot_20210727-094722_Photos_copy_539x824.jpg (110.27 KiB) Viewed 3691 times