Daiwa Presso AGS 62ML-B

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Daiwa Presso AGS 62ML-B

Post by Jrob » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 am

My new Daiwa Presso AGS 62ML-B Rod came in today! Big thanks to Chris at Finesse-Fishing.com for carrying the JDM stuff in the US!! First impressions of the rod. Aesthetically the rod is the same as its brother the 60L-B I have owned and fished. The quality finish on the Presso AGS series is just beautiful. These rods could very well be in a display case for show. I bought mine to catch fish though! I intend to break in the rod this weekend on one of my favorite trout areas. The rod is definitely a faster action rod than the 60L-B. The 60L-B is more parabolic, the 62ML-B is more tip flex. I am really anxious to see the rod load up on a fish. So far I have only done the "Tackle tour" line pull to see its bend profile. Daiwa list the rod as " a model developed for a method that manipulates a lure with rod action. Fast taper setting which made it possible to respond from bottom bump of vibration to the floating minnow and jerking. " sorry as this was a direct translation from Google Translate. So far, it's what I was hoping. A faster action sibling of the 60L-B. I can't post pictures here but would love to send anyone pictures who like to see the rod and bend profile. I will update as I get to fish the rod.

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Presso AGS 62ML-B

Post by gillchaser » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 am

Congrats ! I looked through the rods offered in link that was provided . The spinning Presso caught my eye , but the $400 price tag will never allow me to do anything but dream . I'll have to be satisfied with the Presso rods offered here in the US already .
Can't wait to here how it performs for you . Gillchaser

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Heres the pics of this stunning rod =D>

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks for posting those bud!

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Sharp looking outfit ! Bet it performs as good as it looks . Gillchaser

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:02 am

Can't wait for the weekend! I also bought some of the Sunline Troutist Darkness line. Like the looks of it. As for the rod, I am pleased with the taper and can't wait to get a fish on!

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 am

Sweet outfit!

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:36 am

JROB - Awesome looking setup. I am excited to hear how it loads up under fish load. Have you ever done any bass fishing with this setup? Considering one myself now

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:58 am

Well done, fantastic looking stick =D>

Wow, my USDM Presso next to that is like a peanut butter sandwich next to prime rib ...

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:28 am

Oops I goofed and double posted a pic of the taper.. I'll post the other one to nite lol

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 am

Sweet rod! Looks very high quality.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:20 am

I was able to fish the rod for about 30minutes today. Sweet little gem! Compared to the AGS 60L-B it is for sure a faster ,more tip action rod. That said don't think stiff. The rod fishes with enough stiffness in the taper to work the lure action with the tip. Once a decent fish gets on it loads more parabolic.Really neat blank taper IMO. I was fishing a 2.5 g Damiki blue/black jig today. Caught two bass in the 1-2lbs range along with a small crappie. I am really excited to fish more this weekend!

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 am

bumpererx wrote:JROB - Awesome looking setup. I am excited to hear how it loads up under fish load. Have you ever done any bass fishing with this setup? Considering one myself now
Bass today were great fun on the rod. This is a thinner blank than other BFS rods designed for bass. This is a rod designed for area trout. As long as you remember that , and stay within the rods line and lure ,rating you will be fine. This is not a rod for blinding, eyecross hook sets on tight drag.
Last edited by Jrob on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:49 am

Jrob wrote:I was able to fish the rod for about 30minutes today. Sweet little gem! Compared to the AGS 60L-B it is for sure a faster ,more tip action rod. That said don't think stiff. The rod fishes with enough stiffness in the taper to work the lure action with the tip. Once a decent fish gets on it loads more parabolic.Really neat blank taper IMO. I was fishing a 2.5 g Damiki blue/black jig today. Caught two bass in the 1-2lbs range along with a small crappie. I am really excited to fish more this weekend!
Isn't it great the way they're building UL rods nowadays! Even the US Presso rods I felt have a similiar action . Gillchaser

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:59 am

gillchaser wrote:
Jrob wrote:I was able to fish the rod for about 30minutes today. Sweet little gem! Compared to the AGS 60L-B it is for sure a faster ,more tip action rod. That said don't think stiff. The rod fishes with enough stiffness in the taper to work the lure action with the tip. Once a decent fish gets on it loads more parabolic.Really neat blank taper IMO. I was fishing a 2.5 g Damiki blue/black jig today. Caught two bass in the 1-2lbs range along with a small crappie. I am really excited to fish more this weekend!
Isn't it great the way they're building UL rods nowadays! Even the US Presso rods I felt have a similiar action . Gillchaser
Really is!