Daiwa Presso AGS 62ML-B

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Presso AGS 62ML-B

Post by bumpererx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:18 am

Jrob wrote:
bumpererx wrote:JROB - Awesome looking setup. I am excited to hear how it loads up under fish load. Have you ever done any bass fishing with this setup? Considering one myself now
Bass today were great fun on the rod. This is a thinner blank than other BFS rods designed for bass. This is a rod designed for area trout. As long as you remember that , and stay within the rods line and lure ,rating you will be fine. This is not a rod for blinding, eyecross hook sets on tight drag.
Excellent post! The rod seems to fall into what I am looking for as far as casting, sensitivity and strength. Only worry is where Ive been fishing recently there is a good chance of hooking into a decent catfish or two and larger bass. Ive brought them in on a hyuga 66ml / zonda 68 with bfs spool (super fun combo for moving baits!) and 6lb line so I think it should be ok.....I hope

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 am

bumpererx wrote:
Jrob wrote:
bumpererx wrote:JROB - Awesome looking setup. I am excited to hear how it loads up under fish load. Have you ever done any bass fishing with this setup? Considering one myself now
Bass today were great fun on the rod. This is a thinner blank than other BFS rods designed for bass. This is a rod designed for area trout. As long as you remember that , and stay within the rods line and lure ,rating you will be fine. This is not a rod for blinding, eyecross hook sets on tight drag.
Excellent post! The rod seems to fall into what I am looking for as far as casting, sensitivity and strength. Only worry is where Ive been fishing recently there is a good chance of hooking into a decent catfish or two and larger bass. Ive brought them in on a hyuga 66ml / zonda 68 with bfs spool (super fun combo for moving baits!) and 6lb line so I think it should be ok.....I hope
As long as there is no cover, you will not have issue IMO. I have not fished the Hyuga line, but I imagine the Presso is a lighter/softer rod.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 am

Beautiful rod :big grin:

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:14 pm

the hooligan wrote:Beautiful rod :big grin:
Yes!! Very happy!!

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:42 pm

This picture was taken with just enough line pull to show rod taper. Don't look at the picture and think stiff rod. After fishing it you will think, "man this is an amazing ultralight casting rod experience!" LOL

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:49 am

I fished the rod this past weekend and caught many trout. I really like this rod. Caught some bruiser trout! Fished rapala CD-1's, rebel track down minnows, rapala ultralight minnows, and 3 gram spoons (bouncing the bottom). Tip was soft enough to give lure the action I wanted, but rod had some backbone to handle nice trout. Wish I could post video and pics here!! I have pics of trout I caught and a short video of the rod fighting a good trout.

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Thanks Jrob for the pics and video. That sealed the deal for me, and I placed an order with Christopher @ finesse-fishing.com. It looks like they have a few in stock. Let me know if you would like me to post your pictures on this thread.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:18 pm

If you can post them that would be great! Thanks!

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:23 am

Pics posted for Jrob.

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:41 am

Here's a screenshot of Jrobs video, showing the taper of the rod in action.

shu-bfs
Angler
Angler

Post by shu-bfs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Nice rod! Now I'll have to order one. Love dealing with Chris. I've ordered over 20 rods from him over at Tenkarabum. Just ordered a Tenryu Rayz BC.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:03 am

Schlag wrote:Thanks Jrob for the pics and video. That sealed the deal for me, and I placed an order with Christopher @ finesse-fishing.com. It looks like they have a few in stock. Let me know if you would like me to post your pictures on this thread.
Have you been able to fish the new rod yet?

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Jrob wrote:
Schlag wrote:Thanks Jrob for the pics and video. That sealed the deal for me, and I placed an order with Christopher @ finesse-fishing.com. It looks like they have a few in stock. Let me know if you would like me to post your pictures on this thread.
Have you been able to fish the new rod yet?
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to fish with it yet. My local rivers are either slushy or frozen. I'm very intrigued by the light tip, which quivers by any slight movement of the rod. Can't wait to fish with it. Now, I'm not sure if I should run braid w/ leader or straight fluorocarbon on my reel. Been checking out orange Varivas trout PE & Daiwa Presso Sensor.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:18 am

Can't wait to hear back from you when you fish the rod.