First Ajing Rod

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

First Ajing Rod

Post by Jrob » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:42 am

Reading Alphahawk's post, and my own couriousity about Ajing rods, pushed me to purchase my first Ajing style rod. I have a new Shimano Soare Xtune Ajing S508L that will be here in a few days! I also ordered some of the Ajing jig heads and plastics Finesse-fishing.com just got in stock. I cant wait! I will update of course with rod action, initial thoughts, and fishing experience as soon as I get it in.

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: First Ajing Rod

Post by Brad in Texas » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:12 am

Jrob,

I paddled over to the boat ramp on Lake Athens yesterday, met a bank fisherman who was having good luck with crappie. He pointed to a spot where he said there was a large pipe where crappie stacked up often. Hmm?

And, I have caught a couple of large bluegills up where I live on the lake (8 to 9") . . . in shallow water but around boat docks. I understand there are some really large gills on the lake though I am too new out there to know the best spots.

Finally, that lake up in Canton looks interesting (behind the Walmart), Gary Yamamoto's ranch and his lakes, and there is a BG lake up 19 but I don't know if one can fish it without renting a room.

More places to go, to consider, than I have time to do it. East Texas is just loaded with lakes and rivers and streams.

But, spring is coming soon, so I'll make time.

Good luck with the new gear! A review, please!!!

Brad

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:27 am

I will post as soon as the rod comes in! Hoping to fish it this weekend.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:25 am

Looking forward to your report.

Regards

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:38 am

Box is waiting on me to get home! Dang work. Can't wait to get a look at the ajing jigs and plastics in the order too.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 am

I was able to fish the rod for a short bit after work. I did not catch anything. Not surprising based on the recent weather here. What I did get a chance to do was throw different light/ultralight stuff and get a feel for the rod. First off, this is one of ,if not the most unique rods I have ever owned. It weighs almost nothing. The quality and finish is impeccable. It is a solid tip rod and very tip flex. It's very interesting how tip flex it is for a light rated rod. One thing the solid carbon tip, tip flex/stiffness does do is make it very,very sensitive! WOW! I have to say, it may well be the most sensitive rod I have ever fished. Using small jigs (1/16oz keitech spin jigs) you can literally feel everything the jig touches. I am excited to get a fish on this weekend to see how it loads up on a fish. So far I am impressed and intrigued. Rod is rated .6-12gram lures and a 4lbs max. Look it up on Shimano JP and there are videos of it being fished for Ajing. More to come.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:25 am

Jrob wrote:I was able to fish the rod for a short bit after work. I did not catch anything. Not surprising based on the recent weather here. What I did get a chance to do was throw different light/ultralight stuff and get a feel for the rod. First off, this is one of ,if not the most unique rods I have ever owned. It weighs almost nothing. The quality and finish is impeccable. It is a solid tip rod and very tip flex. It's very interesting how tip flex it is for a light rated rod. One thing the solid carbon tip, tip flex/stiffness does do is make it very,very sensitive! WOW! I have to say, it may well be the most sensitive rod I have ever fished. Using small jigs (1/16oz keitech spin jigs) you can literally feel everything the jig touches. I am excited to get a fish on this weekend to see how it loads up on a fish. So far I am impressed and intrigued. Rod is rated .6-12gram lures and a 4lbs max. Look it up on Shimano JP and there are videos of it being fished for Ajing. More to come.
Need me to post pics? I'm interested to see this rod

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:10 am

I'll edit and post pics to nite of this SICK looking rod!

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:58 am

Fished with the rod today for a bit. Caught a largemouth probably 2 lbs maybe a bit more. Rod is soooo sensitive! Really amazing just amazing how sensitive it is. The vibrations of any contact or lure movement is felt in the blank and the carbon "bridgelike"reel seat. When I fished any spinners or lures I could feel the vibration on my forearm through the carbon monocoque butt section. As far as the blank it loaded well under the fight of the bass, but is by no means wippy. This rod has backbone and is very tip flex. I was able to easily control the bass between two log jams in the river I was fishing. Again, hard to describe in words. Just an amazing blank. I haven't really fished it with a variety of lures yet and have only caught one fish.( this will change tomorrow!) For single hook light applications there will be no issues. I can't wait to fish it more to give even better feedback. I know it's a new rod, and sexy, and I'm a gear guy. But so far I really can see this being my favorite rod. Bonus of the trip today was that the bass took the new soare Ajing skip jig I bought with the rod! More to come...

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 am

Ajing rods are simply amazing. One cannot explain them to someone until they fish with one.

Regards

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:58 am

Alphahawk wrote:Ajing rods are simply amazing. One cannot explain them to someone until they fish with one.

Regards
Best way to put it! Thanks.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Bryin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bryin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:34 pm

That is a sexy rod. Congrats... it is only a matter of time before you get another JDM rod, they are addicting

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:35 am

Great looking rod....do you have link from where you purchased?

Regards

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 am

I special ordered it from Chris at Finesse-Fishing.com.